Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gatherin, is it goin on this year...??? And if so, is it at the same place...???
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Nothing has been planned as of right now. Shawnee Bay Resort, where we have had it for a number of years, recently sold two of its large cabins, including the one we have been using as HQ for The Gathering. I don't know what, if anything, we are going to do this year. We had an unusually small attendance last year, so we thought perhaps the interest had waned and it didn't make sense any more. Of course, it could have just been the economy or coincidence. I think the organizers (primarily Dianna and I) are willing to let somebody else take over after 8 years of doing it.

Any volunteers?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
pick aint around much but one mention of the gathering and "BAM" there he is. LOL

i'd say with the economy and peoples busy schedules it is hard for them to make it, I would have loved to went last year but was too busy and broke. would hate to see it end though, sounds like a great time!

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pick, I was just wondering, would sorta like to make one and meet some of the fine folks that are on here...

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
pick aint around much but one mention of the gathering and "BAM" there he is. LOL

i'd say with the economy and peoples busy schedules it is hard for them to make it, I would have loved to went last year but was too busy and broke. would hate to see it end though, sounds like a great time!
Yeah, I gotta admit that The Gathering holds a special place in my heart. Some of the best times of my life have been spent with fellow VN750 riders and friends. I hope somebody picks up the ball and runs with it.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I won't be able to make it this year since I am going to be playing in the sand box for a year, but I still hate to see this go... why not start a poll to see who all would be interested in going this year, and if enough people are in, then start the planning... if the Bay Resort isn't going to e a good place any more, is there any other resorts or camps around the area that would be able to host an event like this?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
I won't be able to make it this year since I am going to be playing in the sand box for a year, but I still hate to see this go... why not start a poll to see who all would be interested in going this year, and if enough people are in, then start the planning... if the Bay Resort isn't going to e a good place any more, is there any other resorts or camps around the area that would be able to host an event like this?
the wife and I have never been able to make it to the Gathering. I would have loved to have gone the last few years, but where it has been in KY., that is at least a 10hr ride from where I live. that is just a little too long of a ride (right now) for the wife and I to make.

if you were going to take a vote on where to have it, (I've got to say it:)).... my vote would be for the Hocking Hills of Ohio!

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
we've got so many members all over I'm not even sure what centralized would be!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
I know huh.. maybe we should have one at differrent times scattered from coast to coast... lol
that's really not a bad idea. I was thinking the same thing.:smiley_th
where there's a will, there's a way!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
ok, if there is not going to be a "Gathering" this year. then I would like to at least try to get some kind of "meet" put together for this summer. even if it's just an Ohio thing. maybe some thing like what happened a few years ago in Erie PA. that would be really cool!

so what say you? ........anybody?

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I seem to remember, some years back they may have gotten togather at some camp ground up around Cherokee lake in East Tn., or some where up in that neck of the woods...lol...crs...

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I seem to remember, some years back they may have gotten togather at some camp ground up around Cherokee lake in East Tn., or some where up in that neck of the woods...lol...crs...
Yep...I should remember that one myself (2006) as me and my lovely wife got married there. That was at Cardmial Cove Resort:
http://www.cardnalcove.com/

It's too bad we have not sold our house yet...we could have sponsered a Gathering at our new (still unbuilt) home.

KM

KM

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That does look like a great place... Cabins are cheap enough and the camp grounds are available also... I know there is some great ridin in E. Tn., E. Ky., W. Va., all around that area in about any direction... I surely would try to make it to a gatherin there, if nothin didn't rip, run or ravel...
Don't have any need to get married though, as the wife has been around over 51 yrs., almost seems like one of the family...lol...

·
Registered
18 Posts
im new to the site but it sounds fun, would be interested in going, when does it normally happen? ohio or ky sounds good to me, or you can scatter one to richmond va.. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
That does look like a great place... Cabins are cheap enough and the camp grounds are available also... I know there is some great ridin in E. Tn., E. Ky., W. Va., all around that area in about any direction... I surely would try to make it to a gatherin there, if nothin didn't rip, run or ravel......
So call them up and see what they have available for a group. Then post the dates and see how many folks here sign up.Post info on how to book a cabin there.

A bit late in the season but many places have more vaccancies durring the week than weekends. Worth a shot.

If you plan it they will come.....................

Well, even if you only get 6 members, it still be fun!

KM

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
If Pick and Dianna have been planning the Gathering and "carrying the torch" for the last 8 years straight, then I would definitely agree--it's time for someone else to "step up to the plate" and keep the tradition alive.

I think maybe last year's attendance was slack in part at least due to economic conditions. I, for one, lost my Dad shortly before the event and was too busying "bouncing back" with the rest of immediate family, to be a part of such. :(

Personally, I think it would really be neat to have it in a different part of the country each year. Then everybody could participate more easily every few years or so, at least.

Having it one year near the Dragon/Cherohala Skyway, then the next year somewhere up the Blue Ridge Parkway, then the next year in the Texas hill country, then the next year somewhere out west (for maybe a "Rocky Mountain High" theme....:)), then the next year in the Adirondacks, etc, etc, would keep things interesting (geographically speaking, that is) and keep everybody else "guessing" about where the following year's "too cool for words" riding would be....:beerchug:

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I usually can't get away on weekends, but will have some extra time this summer - I could make it, I think, especially if it were in the Midwest somewhere.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts