Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since it has been mentioned a few times recently, and it is time for an update anyway.......

The 6th annual VN750 Gathering will be held August 20-24, 2008 at Shawnee Bay Resort on beautiful Kentucky Lake (http://www.shawneebayresort.com). The first two Gatherings and the 5th were held here. Get together with your buds and rent a cottage. Check the "The Gathering Kentucky Lake 2008" ( http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VN750/database?method=reportRows&tbl=38 ) database to see who is staying where and with whom. There are plenty cottages available (see the resort map on the web site). Call the 800 number on the web site, and be sure to mention the motorcycle group when you make your reservation to get the special rate. And be sure to put your information into the database so we know who is coming.

This is a great opportunity to meet a bunch of fellow VN750 owners -- the finest bunch of people you will ever meet. You don't want to miss it.

Here are some pics of The Gathering at Shawnee Bay in 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/yub6zk

Hope to see you there!

Jim "Pick" Foster
Dixon, IL
VROC #9492, TNVROC #0020 H.M.
2000 VN750 "Black Stallion", 1982 KZ440 LTD
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimfost/sets/

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
OK guys and gals, the 6th annual VN750 Gathering is only 6 months away, August 20-24, 2008 at Shawnee Bay Resort. Time to get crackin'. We always talk about what a great group of people we have here -- This is your chance to meet a bunch of them!! The riding, food, and clinics will be terrific, and of course the company can't be beat. Please sign up in the database on the group site if you are planning on attending (http://tinyurl.com/jw4tv). It's time to call and make the reservation! Check out the web site: www.shawneebayresort.com . Use the 800-number -- 1-800-272-4413. Talk to John Rezek (Resort Manager) and mention that you're with the Motorcycle Group and Jim Foster told you to call. For anyone who would like to camp instead of staying at the resort, there is a nice campground 3 miles from the resort -- www.beespringlodge.com .

If you're staying in a cabin, they have everything you'll need except food and personal items. Linens, pots/pans, dishes, silverware, etc. are all provided. Cabins are air conditioned and include all the normal amenities, including cable TV and a VCR. They even have wireless internet available in all the cabins now. If you want to share a cabin with somebody, send some e-mails or make some phone calls and get a group together. Then one of you call and make the reservation. Most cabins will hold 6 people (some hold more, some less -- check the website for details). When you split a cabin 6 ways, the price is very reasonable.

If you have any questions about the place or the accommodations, check their web site or feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]). My family has been vacationing at this place about 40 years, so we know the resort, the Lake, and the owners pretty well. (Yes, I was a VERY young lad when we started going there <g>).

If you've got a SO or other buddy who rides something else, they are welcome, too. Let's make this another event to remember! PLEEEEASE come and join us!! JUST DO IT!!!!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Anyone driving through St Louis on that Friday? I would rather ride with strength in numbers.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Anyone driving through St Louis on that Friday? I would rather ride with strength in numbers.
I'll be coming from Springfield (if I can find someone to share cabin rent with), but not through St Louis I am planning on taking the back roads across the bottom of the state and diverting down S of Sikeston to check out a state park I've been told is really nice.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Just a reminder of this ride, Is anybody going from the Chicago area.
I am putting plans together.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Awww, my bad again, finally got to the right place to find the meeting at Shawnee Shores... Near Benton Ky. Right... Going to try and make it up from Winchester Tenn., anyone else headin up the back roads and want to travel togather..??? I'll probably go Hwy 50 from here to Only Tn. then to Waverly Tn. & on 70 from there to 641... Or somewhere there abouts... If its not raining, I am not a rain rider, unless I get caught and can't help it...lol...

Well how things do change, looks like I will need to help the grandson get set up for his freshman year at collage, and then the next week end is a family re-union in E.Tenn.
Things could possibly work out at the last minute, but I won't be able to make any reservations due to the uncertainty of things, so would just have to find a single room on the fly if that would work...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Sure wish I could go but I get to see my grandkids for a week. I'll be thinkin of you folks while I an in Steamboat. Ride safe-Have fun.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heading out in a vouple of hours for Shawnee Bay and the Gathering. I'll have a laptop with me so will try and keep everyone posted

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
And yet another year I'm not going to make it :(
To all those who are attending, have a great time and a safe trip.

We'll be looking forward to an interesting write-up (with pics!!!!!)

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
659 Posts
um...OK

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Reported.