Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I just want to say the past 7 years have been awesome! Unfortunately it's the end. I'd like to thank each and everyone of you who has contributed to this site helping others keep their scoots on the road. My father moved on to the Great Highway in the sky this past May and I inherited his Harley Davidson 1200 custom and I just have no time to finish my project and replace the stator on my Vulcan. It is with great sadness that I must sell her but I will be recommending this site to the new owner. Please keep an eye out for her and I know y'all will be very helpful. Please keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up. You are forever my brothers and sisters and I pray you always keep your knees in the breeze. Stay safe out there! :boxing:

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
^ Sorry for your loss, man. You have my condolences. There is no need to leave, especially after 7 years, just because you're selling your VN750. I'm sure you've made friends here. I sold my VN750 in 2009 and I'm still here annoying people. Stick around man in fact, post pics of your new-to-you Harley! :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Meet Viviane. 03 100 anniversary edition 1200c

Attachments

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Well hello there, Viviane! I love the spoked front wheel and tank bib. I'm usually not a fan of studded leather but the bags, the bib, and even the leather wrapped and studded engine guard flow together pretty well. I even like the bag up front and in back on the sissy bar. It looks like a well ridden bike indeed.

Pegs down for Pop, brother...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks brother she only had 15.8 k on her when I brought her home in July. I've put about 2k on her since then lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Sorry for your loss.I agree with LP.stick around.nice sporty.your Old Man took good care of her.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I agree, nice bike but you dont need to leave us!

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
That's a lot of good chrome on there. I haven't had a VN for a year now and drive a 95sporty and I'm still here for some reason. XLForum.new is full of weenies so is reason maybe.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! That 1200 is a little different than the 750 isn't it? :rockon:
I have to say my 1200 is absolutely sexy as heck but the Vulcan handles a lot better and is quite smooth at a hundred miles an hour when the sporty will vibrate the nuts out of your socket lol. How did the highway pegs work out for you?? I migrated mine over to the sporty.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a lot of good chrome on there. I haven't had a VN for a year now and drive a 95sporty and I'm still here for some reason. XLForum.new is full of weenies so is reason maybe.
Yep makes for a lot of polishing lol. You need to do the stage 1 mod on yours. Gives it more power and sounds awesome.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks good. If you got straight pipes then yeah you've had the stage 1 mod.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
She boogies. Going with the dual sport tires next and see how I like that. This guy did his and it would be nice to be able to slip down a dirt road or two every now and again.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I have to say my 1200 is absolutely sexy as heck but the Vulcan handles a lot better and is quite smooth at a hundred miles an hour when the sporty will vibrate the nuts out of your socket lol. How did the highway pegs work out for you?? I migrated mine over to the sporty.
Great! Mine didn't migrate, they were on the bike when I sold it. I put Kury Swing Wings on the Meanie after I got it. I love them things, they're like floor boards and highway pegs combined...

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Sorry for your loss, and as said before, no need to leave. I've moved on to a shadow, but have made friends and still hang around. Your dad must have put every accessories available. Great ride.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She boogies. Going with the dual sport tires next and see how I like that. This guy did his and it would be nice to be able to slip down a dirt road or two every now and again.

I never thought about that before but that would be kind of cool.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great! Mine didn't migrate, they were on the bike when I sold it. I put Kury Swing Wings on the Meanie after I got it. I love them things, they're like floor boards and highway pegs combined...
I found some pretty cool skull pegs that are wide like floor boards and will mount to the existing hardware. I was actually thinking about getting some this summer

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry for your loss, and as said before, no need to leave. I've moved on to a shadow, but have made friends and still hang around. Your dad must have put every accessories available. Great ride.
Thanks. He sunk a lot of money into it right before he died. He wanted to give me something that he was proud of.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts