Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings Everyone....I recently picked up a Hi-Lift Motorcycle Jack at Harborfreight Tools...This puppy really makes working on your bike a piece of cake...if that's even possible: The tool is well constructed and works exactly as advertised...I'm not a big fan of Harborfreight tools...so I wouldn't recommend them for all tools: But, if you're tired of slithering around on your back and struggling to get up off the ground ....if your knees hurt and you have arthritis than give this tool a look....It wont disappoint!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention that the Retail price is $199.... but download a 20% off coupon and get it for $159.00....

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Best tool i own is my laptop. If i dont know or cant remember how to do something i just do a little research. If i need ideas for fabrication i do a little research. If i just want to blow off some steam and relax....then i can blow some shiz up with my laptop too.

·
Youngster
154 Posts
Very nice, this would make it alot easier on my back when working on the bike. And plus you look wayy more official like the WestCoast Choppers people!

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Very nice, this would make it alot easier on my back when working on the bike. And plus you look wayy more official like the WestCoast Choppers people!
Are you sure you would want to look like Jessie James and his old crew at West Coast Choppers?

·
2,494 Posts
Knifemaker,

A church key! It's nice to see you have a spiritual side. lol "wink, wink"
Not sure if too many know that is just one of the many names for the highly specialized tool you just posted from long ago. Many in this audience may be too young to know the term. Thanks for the laugh when I really needed one.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Greetings Everyone....I recently picked up a Hi-Lift Motorcycle Jack at Harborfreight Tools...This puppy really makes working on your bike a piece of cake...if that's even possible: The tool is well constructed and works exactly as advertised...I'm not a big fan of Harborfreight tools...so I wouldn't recommend them for all tools: But, if you're tired of slithering around on your back and struggling to get up off the ground ....if your knees hurt and you have arthritis than give this tool a look....It wont disappoint!!!
pics on post #1
That is the exact MC jack I have, I pd $179.00 on sale from $199. 6 months ago.

Fixin' to pull my engine (Nov 2nd) with this jack, keeping the bike on it's center stand.

WilliamTech :smiley_th

·
4,508 Posts
Knifemaker,

A church key! It's nice to see you have a spiritual side. lol "wink, wink"
Not sure if too many know that is just one of the many names for the highly specialized tool you just posted from long ago. Many in this audience may be too young to know the term. Thanks for the laugh when I really needed one.
see pic in Post #6
KM, that is an oldie, I am sure it's worth a couple bucks as a collector's item.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
my favorite tool is my 1/2 inch drive cordless impact gun but my least favorite is the damn battery for it

·
Registered
384 Posts
The best tool I own is a ratchet from Snapon. It's a 3/8 indexable type, and it works amazingly well. It indexes 22 different ways and has a longer handle than most, and I use it a ton. It works great as a speed wrench to tighten down longer bolts.
I have had it for 12 years and it has been rebuilt once since I have owned it. They no longer make it to my knowledge, but it has proven itself many a time when I needed a ratchet and a standard type wouldn't work and I couldn't get a wrench on the fastener.
I wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I have a 3/8 drive SnapOn palm ratchet, a sledgehammer with the handle cut to 16 inches, a 4" grinder, and a welder. Many assorted Vise-Grips.

·
Super Moderator
11,824 Posts
Best tool....favorite tool? Jeez come on. They are all great to have when you NEED them. Drop a bolt down between the motor? One if those magnetic telescope things just rock to have handy.

Can't loosen that axle nut? That 2 foot cheater bar is the king.

Really.... I think I win here. Whatever the job........ My "church key" is the first tool I grab....and the last.....all the others are just standbys....;)

·
4,508 Posts
Best tool....favorite tool? Jeez come on. They are all great to have when you NEED them. Drop a bolt down between the motor? One if those magnetic telescope things just rock to have handy.

Really.... I think I win here. Whatever the job........ My "church key" is the first tool I grab....and the last.....all the others are just standbys....;)

...sounds just like me ! :beerchug:

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
You got dat chit right Knife....dont ferget to light up a smoke too, for "pondering purposes"....:smiley_th

·
2,494 Posts

I am not a beer drinker but I second the nomination for the "Church Key" as the best and most useful tool. I have seen a lot of amazing things happen right after the use of this tool by others. Any motions to close the nomination process and get to the actual voting?

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
My favorite tool is my Knipex. It works as pliers, wrench, wire crimper, hammer, attention getter, bottle opener, and paperweight. I refer to it as my all-purpose-americanmetric wrench

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts