Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Drive less, ride more...
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who haven't seen this, watch the following video, and take the "test"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

The real point here is....what are you wearing and/or adding to your bike to make you (as a rider) stand out in other "busy" situations while in traffic? The answer may one day save your life, or the life of someone you care about...

A white or really bright, solid-colored helmet (e.g., fluorescent green, or yellow) are examples of things that can really make a difference here. I also use a headlamp modulator (yes, they're perfectly legal) during daylight hours to help make sure I have others' attention.

Just some food for thought....:beerchug:

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
That is a great video

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
That video makes a great point. I did see the bear, but I didn't pay it any attention so I forgot about it. I guess that even if cagers do see us, they may not be paying any attention to us because they're mostly looking out for other cars, not motorcycles.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
I guess I pay attention... I saw the bear, and was only off by a count of 1 on how may passes the white team made. Must have not seen one or something...I dunno.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I got the number of passes right, and my mind was distracted by the bear coming into the middle of things, but it never registered as a bear! I was focusing on the individuals in white, and intentionally ignored everything that wasn't white.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
Freakin' bears. Got no business on the court!

·
Banned
55 Posts
For those of you who haven't seen this, watch the following video, and take the "test"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg6qcgoay4

The real point here is....what are you wearing and/or adding to your bike to make you (as a rider) stand out in other "busy" situations while in traffic? The answer may one day save your life, or the life of someone you care about...

A white or really bright, solid-colored helmet (e.g., fluorescent green, or yellow) are examples of things that can really make a difference here. I also use a headlamp modulator (yes, they're perfectly legal) during daylight hours to help make sure I have others' attention.

Just some food for thought....:beerchug:
Thats really great video thanks for sharing..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts