Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I know we have a few members on here coming up with luggage racks. I have yet another option. I will post some pics on here when I get them off of my camera. I have a working prototype right now, it still needs some mods to make it available for everyone. Right now you can't use the toolbox with my rack (not a problem for me because mine broke). I am working on making it compatable for those of you who like the box. I will also offer options such as turn signal brackets and helmet lock brackets that will attach to the rack.
The estimated cost is between $75-80 + shipping. I can offer them plain, primed or powdercoated. I just need to know how many members would be interested so I know weather or not to move on with my design process and material allocation.

:beerchug:

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
You should have known this was coming.

:worthless

·
Registered
326 Posts
I started a thread on this exactly so now we have some competition. I think what the people want are racks SHIPPING TODAY so please let us know when Fedex sets up a train at your house.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Let's see what one looks like with the turn signal brackets! Cool.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I started a thread on this exactly so now we have some competition. I think what the people want are racks SHIPPING TODAY so please let us know when Fedex sets up a train at your house.
Well, I don't know about that, but I am 2 blocks away from the post offace and about a half mile from the ups store.
You should have known this was coming.

:worthless
Pics up now! let me know what you think:loser1:
Let's see what one looks like with the turn signal brackets! Cool.
I haven't made the brackets, but I will get on it when I have enough interest and a little more time. I am really running around prepping for The Gathering which is only a little more than a week away.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Definitely a nice rack yah got there.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Simple & effective - I like it!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,731 Posts
Ok, I know we have a few members on here coming up with luggage racks. I have yet another option. I will post some pics on here when I get them off of my camera. I have a working prototype right now, it still needs some mods to make it available for everyone. Right now you can't use the toolbox with my rack (not a problem for me because mine broke). I am working on making it compatable for those of you who like the box. I will also offer options such as turn signal brackets and helmet lock brackets that will attach to the rack.
The estimated cost is between $75-80 + shipping. I can offer them plain, primed or powdercoated. I just need to know how many members would be interested so I know weather or not to move on with my design process and material allocation.

:beerchug:

this WILL be at the Gathering, right?!!!!! so everyone at the Gathering will be able to see it up close,right? that way we can even see if/how it works with a trunk!

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, it doesn't hit the taillight under load. I can put my entire 235lbs on it and it won't even move. It's looking like a few of you are interested, so pm me with your details so I can look up shipping.

Yes it will be at the gathering but I don't think it will be close to being able to be used with the toolbox as I have a few adjustments to make. I still have my toolbox so I can test fit when I start modding it.

Yes it is a simple design, but there are a few real tricks built in. It looks like it goes straight out but it actually flares out towards the end giving you more surface area if you want to put something on there with a bag. Bungee chords can go on in a few places and not move around.

As far as color you can get whatever you want as long as its black. I don't really want to get into color too much because lets face it, it is pretty hard to mess up a straight black paint job.

Keep the comments coming because honestly who doesn't like a pat on the back? Thank you everyone.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I couldn't find a link to the pics in the first post, but they are in his album. Just click on his name and it will take you to his page.

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
Bump! Looks fantastic, maybe ill commission you or find a shop to use I've got some ideas as well.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Feel free to post any ideas/improvements on this. I'm here to help make this bike the best it can be for everyone here. I just want to be able to offer something to this wonderful site and everyone that makes it great.

FYI anyone going to the gathering and wants one let me know, small window of production time between then and now. It will be unlikely but I may have it fit with the stock toolbox. I will also try to make some brackets to go with them. (Note: my brackets are designed to work only on my luggage rack.) When I get more time I will have a go at brackets that are standalone.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
You say stand alone brackets. Where would they be attached then? I like the look of the rack. Once you have one that'll incorporate the tool box and I've seen the bracket setup, then we'll see about acquiring something from you. I definitely want a rack and relocated turn signals.

·
Clint '89
183 Posts
You say stand alone brackets. Where would they be attached then? I like the look of the rack. Once you have one that'll incorporate the tool box and I've seen the bracket setup, then we'll see about acquiring something from you. I definitely want a rack and relocated turn signals.
Exactly something that mounts where the seat chrome will (not be) after my new seat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts