Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday I trailered up the bike and headed over to Lance's.

Time for the yearly maintenance. This time last year he'd done a ton of work on my '89 VN750. This year is just giving it a once-over, and he's also gonna do an ear shave, and put in a new headlight kit that'll be much brighter. Can't remember what it is called.

When I arrived yesterday afternoon, it was so nice outside that we decided to go for a "short" ride. Turns out, that was a 70 mile round trip. Almost non-stop. Yeah...time for a new seat...my arse *still* hurts. :wow:

Anyhue... Just felt like sharing. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Glad you were able to take advantage of the nice weather. I'll be doing the same very shortly.

Oh, and living close enough to take advantage of Lance's expertise...I'm jealous. I know he'll do an excellent job, as always, but be sure to give us an update.

John

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you were able to take advantage of the nice weather. I'll be doing the same very shortly.

Oh, and living close enough to take advantage of Lance's expertise...I'm jealous. I know he'll do an excellent job, as always, but be sure to give us an update.

John
Yeah, he's only about 45 mins away. And if you know anything about the Atlanta area, you know that means we're practically neighbors. :)

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Well, yesterday I trailered up the bike and headed over to Lance's.

Time for the yearly maintenance. This time last year he'd done a ton of work on my '89 VN750. This year is just giving it a once-over, and he's also gonna do an ear shave, and put in a new headlight kit that'll be much brighter. Can't remember what it is called.

When I arrived yesterday afternoon, it was so nice outside that we decided to go for a "short" ride. Turns out, that was a 70 mile round trip. Almost non-stop. Yeah...time for a new seat...my arse *still* hurts. :wow:

Anyhue... Just felt like sharing. :)
I bet it is this Xenon HID bulb that lance recommends in post #8
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15036&highlight=hid+lights+conversion

(Direct link to conversion kit on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180410168965&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT )

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep...that's the kit. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts