Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Added more pics of the build on page 3!
I have been working on this bad boy for about a year and this website has been so helpful. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here and I hope to see you on the road. From Ft. Irwin CA, Thank You!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I am in no way a fan of the rat bikes or bobbers, but looks like you took pride in the build and it looks really good. :pepper: CONGRADS and enjoy that thang.

Did I just say that?:notworthy

Oh, Welcome to the Vulcan madness. Ride safe!

·
2,527 Posts
Looks good man! Welcome.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Welcome to the site. While the style may not be to my preference, you did really clean work. If you did an ear shave it would really clean it up, since it gets rid of those airboxes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! Yep, that's my next task. Just need to find the time. I retire in December so I will really get to enjoy this thing.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
("20 Year US Army Soldier / Active Duty"). Just want to say Thank You!! for your service to our country and her citizens. We have a lot of Vets here with us and I thank You all.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I love the stripe on the tank. Fully custom paint, or vinyl? Either way, I really like it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A) If indeed you did serve, Thank You!!!!!
B) One of the best looking vulcan bobs i've ever seen! Not that I'm some kind of expert or anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the stripe on the tank. Fully custom paint, or vinyl? Either way, I really like it.
Fully custom paint from bare metal to this with about 5 different types of rust-Olium spray paint :)

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Pretty slick! I have the same mirrors on mine. Personally I think the ears look great on there. Your bike has just the right balance of chrome and paint. I'd run a small rear fender but that's because of the ****ty ****ty roads around here that collect water.

I'd also like to say thanks for your service. Keep up the fine work.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i was thinking that the front fender would be more important cause i have road with out one and when you hit a wet spot the bike will throw the water straight up and you ride right into it lol

but thats a great looking bobber if i was to change anything besides adding a fender it would be putting some 12 inch apes on but im not a fan of low bars

but like i said it looks great

·
Registered
54 Posts
11 years Army here before I got out, Grats on making 20. Although not my style either that is some really nice work on your bike. Enjoy your sweet ride

·
Just some guy
63 Posts
Hot damn. That's a slick looking bobber! What exhaust do you have running in that beast?

I'm thinking after this season, I'm going to turn my 750 into a bobber & buy a bigger bike for my lady & I to take on road trips.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I made the exhaust with pieces bought from autozone bolted and clamped togethe, then wrapped with white exhaust fiber. Now that I have the shape I can bring it to an exhaust shop have it reproduced with mandrel bends then dipped in Chrome. Or maybe just keep it like it is :) Thanks everyone for the compliments!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Throttle stop cable

Anyone know where I can find a throttle stop cable? I broke mine with the throttle way to high and now have to pull the carbs just to get to it.. Any other suggestions or discussion links would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Sweet ride.thanks for your service and welcome to the nuthouse:carryflag

1 - 20 of 28 Posts