Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sold my Vicky this weekend. I wasn't riding her much, mostly cause she was hard to start and needed time to warm up before riding: Infact I didn't ride at all this year. Thanks to Grambo for the Mustang seat, I hated stock. Thanks to Knifemaker for the floorboards, I could move my feet in, even a couple few inches made a world of difference. I hope if to find something that I can jump on start and go with minimal warmup, something fuel injected, something automatic.
See you on the road.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Nice VN. I just said those very reasons for wanting a newer bike to my brother who rides a 08 Heritage. If you don't need a big bike, have you checked out the Royal Enfield's? Their 650 twins are very nice if you don't need a lot of engine under you to have fun.

· Registered
186 Posts
I sold my Vicky this weekend. I wasn't riding her much, mostly cause she was hard to start and needed time to warm up before riding: Infact I didn't ride at all this year. Thanks to Grambo for the Mustang seat, I hated stock. Thanks to Knifemaker for the floorboards, I could move my feet in, even a couple few inches made a world of difference. I hope if to find something that I can jump on start and go with minimal warmup, something fuel injected, something automatic.
May I ask where you got that driver's backrest - and how it attaches? I've got a mustang seat just like that one. I like it a lot but sure would love to have a backrest!

· Registered
186 Posts
Not sure who I'd ask, however nicely. The bike at the top of this thread has been sold and Pro-tac is out of business with no remaining contact info. But thanks for letting me know what to keep my eye out for on ebay, etc.

Thanks for the pic too, mmart. It's a clever design and, I assume strong enough. For someone with their shocks set at 4, I guess they'd have to be!

· Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I have the shocks set to 4 because A. they suck,
and B. I live in Philly and most of the streets look like they’re been hit buy the blitzkrieg with this multi year infrastructure upgrade that’s been going on. The tubing on the backrest is solid not hollow so it’s pretty strong. I’m 5’8”, 205lbs and I feel confident to lean on it.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The backrest went with the bike; looking back, he would have not known the difference. I could have probably swapped back the stock seat, pulled the cup holder attached to the handle bar and even the angel bell (you can barley see it on the bottom because it's on the other side).

FWIW, I sure did like the backrest.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
186 Posts
and B. I live in Philly and most of the streets look like they’re been hit buy the blitzkrieg with this multi year infrastructure upgrade that’s been going on. The tubing on the backrest is solid not hollow so it’s pretty strong. I’m 5’8”, 205lbs and I feel confident to lean on it.
Thanks for hearing the humor in my remarks mmart. I got a good laugh at your description of the roads in Philly too!

· Registered
186 Posts

and who ever suggested mounting a clock; another winner in my book. I velcroed mine to the top of the fork.
Not sure if that was me or not but that's the exact clock I bought and mounted with Velcro to my fork cap as well. It's one of those 'little' upgrades that, over time (haha) proves very handy. Before I got that clock, and whenever commuting to work by bike, I'd be pulling out my phone at stop lights to check the time. It's not so much the fear of being late. I'd be checking to see if maybe I had time to take a longer route so as to spend more time riding!

Reactions: Jogo33

· Premium Member
159 Posts
i’m 6 foot 204 77 years old I have the two Vulcans 1989 1995 in the streets in Philly there are streets I will not drive on as well when I have t.o I sit on the pegs so I don’t get walloped when I hit one o& those pot holes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts