Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man what a day, for late Janurary, especially after that 8+ inches of snow...
Got in a darn good 155 mi. ride in the twisties and all went great, lil scrapin here and a lil bit there, loved it, I even think I got the left as much as the right...lol...
So, filled her up, rode the 8 mi. home, parked and topped her off till next time, whopeee got my fix for now...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I'm changing your name to Sorry 'Ol Dog. RUB IT IN! I had to work 6 am to 5 pm today:BLAM: On the way home from work I had to have past 40 motorcycle.:drool:

Glad to hear you got to enjoy a good day of riding for this time of year. :smiley_th Giving my bike a bath in the morning then heading out for a while if the weather co-operates the same tomarrow:rockon:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm changing your name to Sorry 'Ol Dog. RUB IT IN! I had to work 6 am to 5 pm today:BLAM: On the way home from work I had to have past 40 motorcycle.:drool:

Glad to hear you got to enjoy a good day of riding for this time of year. :smiley_th Giving my bike a bath in the morning then heading out for a while if the weather co-operates the same tomarrow:rockon:
Hey Chuck, according to our weather forcast you should be fine down there tomorrow, wee slight chance of a light shower, but other than that another good one...:smiley_th...
Mostly I like ridin durin the week, but this time of year you have to take'em when you get'em... BTW-The weather man (Nashville) said this was not close to a record, the record for this day was 78* in 1911...

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
Hey Old Dog, mind tellin' me what section of road your callin' the twisties? A lot of times I find myself ridin' south of Murfreesboro toward Chattanooga thru the likes of Hwy. 269. I like that route pretty well.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Old Dog, mind tellin' me what section of road your callin' the twisties? A lot of times I find myself ridin' south of Murfreesboro toward Chattanooga thru the likes of Hwy. 269. I like that route pretty well.
You are exactly right... When I go the the HD shop in Murfreesboro I go from home (Winchester) to Murfreesboro exactly the same way... I go 130 to Tullahoma, then 269 thru Normandy to Wartrace then 64 to Bradyville and 99 on into Murfreesboro, not the twistiest of roads but not bad at all... BTW-There is one lil twist that I use caution on, it's at the Cannon Co. line as you crest the hill on that kinda sharp curve, the lil gravel road to the East at the crest, washes some gravel on the pavement sometimes and can give you a hard time...lol...
When I ride like to Lynchburg or anywhere I always take the twistie back roads, they are much less traveled and are usually the much longer routes...
Most may not be the Dragon or the Devil's Triangle, but good rides just the same... There are several good twistie roads down here, and in N. Ala. also...
I go to Fayetteville sometimes which is 28 mi one way if you go the main road, but if you know the right roads it's 100 mi. and a lot more fun round trip...lol...
Paint Rock Valley in N. Ala. from Huntland Tn., just get in the mountains or ridges and you can find some very good twistie roads, if you are off the main road and can drag a peg here and there, and make the hair raise on the back of your neck once and again, I call'em twisties...lol...

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Thanks OldDog, now all of us in the Northeast can have wet dreams over your ride in January. Want us all to send you some SNOW? We have mountains of it all over the place and more of that white crap coming mid week.

YES! Cabin fever is definitely in full bloom.

Ride safe bro, our thoughts are with you.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks OldDog, now all of us in the Northeast can have wet dreams over your ride in January. Want us all to send you some SNOW? We have mountains of it all over the place and more of that white crap coming mid week.

YES! Cabin fever is definitely in full bloom.
Ride safe bro, our thoughts are with you.
Yeah Gemguy, but y'all are used to it, us folks down here go looney when we can't get out for the snow, thats why it was such a great fix to ride for me...
Just look on the bright side, Spring is closer than it was yesterday, your days are comin...lol...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Saturday was a better day for riding but my job got in the way. Sunday was just fine for me. Was a heavey overcast most of the ride, 65 degree though. Rode about 75 miles before I got a call to that my father-in-law was going to the hospital for possible chest pains. He's gonna be fine.

As far as snow though, ya'll fellows up North enjoy it and we'll just keep this crazy weather we have down here. Ya'll are welcome to come on down and enjoy some of the warmer temps though, we'll share. The week of snow (8 inches) we had was enough to last me a few years. Just don't care for the stuff! Trucks exit I65 and come down the rode I live on to get to an industrial park. They packed the snow and it became 3 inches of solid ice. The snow in my yard was gone long before the rode ever fully cleared.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Man what a day, for late Janurary, especially after that 8+ inches of snow...
Got in a darn good 155 mi. ride in the twisties and all went great, lil scrapin here and a lil bit there, loved it, I even think I got the left as much as the right...lol...
So, filled her up, rode the 8 mi. home, parked and topped her off till next time, whopeee got my fix for now...
Glad you got out, I could use a nice long ride - get my soul back in shape. The cold isn't holding me back, it's the 13 foot high piles of snow I can't see traffic around. Oh yeah, and the ice patches. I just put new swingwing pegs on her too. I'm looking forward to testing them out. Just gotta wait for this damn snow to melt!! Grrrr...

·
Registered
659 Posts
YES! 65 Friday, 70 Saturday. Was supposed to work all day both days. Got the flu, bummer. Rode 180 miles Friday and over 200 on Saturday. Gotta love sick days!

We're supposed to get 8 inches to a foot of snow tonight and tomorrow. Back to the real world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts