Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since no one here is getting together and as long as theres no snow falling, i thinks im gonna go for a ride. hows the weather up there Wolfie?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Today was 71 fer cryin out loud.....tomorrow is 65.....then gonna be 50s until Weds, when its goin back up to the 60's.....

Talk to me brother.....I think we got a few weeks left on/off......but when it hits, its gonna hit hard !
We were talkin this Sun, and mebbe next weekend (supposed to be warmer).....soon as I get my LATE pension check from the USPS, Im gettin some raw materials, and gonna play with puttin heat up to my batwing, lol.....
I got a plan.....nuthin else, it fails, but I can say I tried.....thats just me....I gotta 'speriment.....
You got my number, right ????

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today was 71 fer cryin out loud.....tomorrow is 65.....then gonna be 50s until Weds, when its goin back up to the 60's.....

Talk to me brother.....I think we got a few weeks left on/off......but when it hits, its gonna hit hard !
We were talkin this Sun, and mebbe next weekend (supposed to be warmer).....soon as I get my LATE pension check from the USPS, Im gettin some raw materials, and gonna play with puttin heat up to my batwing, lol.....
I got a plan.....nuthin else, it fails, but I can say I tried.....thats just me....I gotta 'speriment.....
You got my number, right ????
i sure do. im hopeing to have the new windshield on and i bought some fleece lined carthart jeans that i want to test

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Was 65 up here in Norwich today.how about using a heater core run of the hot coolant line and use a small blower motor?wanna see it cause I've seen what you're capable of

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
and i bought some fleece lined carthart jeans that i want to test
Yer gonna love the Harts man...pluss, if ya go down, theyre one step down from leather, IMO....Ive gone down in Carhartts...saved my skinny butt....

how about using a heater core run of the hot coolant line and use a small blower motor?wanna see it cause I've seen what you're capable of
I thought about that....a heater core off an old Ausin-Healey is nice and small too (depth 5 3/4, Width 9 1/3, height 2"....$99 refurb)....but too many rigid lines methinks....Im gonna weld up a shroud that fits over the exhaust pipe, then run a semi-metallic flex line (1 1/2") to the fairing, a 9V/5A computer fan sucking from the source... then split it off with a wye (or mebbe to a dashboard louver thing off a Vega)....will be easily removable for spring/summer....should be "just enough" to make it nice....I got all but the flex hose, so cost is minimal....I got 30 old P2 processor fans laying around, lol...

Hay Doc...me an you gotta go hang out at Spechts Salvage one day, lol.....thats where I get half my ideas....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
That would work .i like the way you think.kinda like the heat exchangers on an air cooled vw motor.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
kinda like the heat exchangers on an air cooled vw motor
Exactly.....actually, I been checkin old Corvair systems too....older MG heater cores are small too, but still the damned water lines....I figured forced hot air is the simplest and cheapest....I can even place the blower fan closer to the source....thats easy....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
There's something else out there.it's in my head but i can't quite grasp it.it's gonna bother me all night.it's a small aircooled motorcycle motor in a three wheeled car...BMW isetta?how are they heated?haven't seen one of them up close in probably 30 years .what was the old 3 cylinder volvo?but then again they both would be a pita to find.yes cpu fans are 9volts step it down with a resister

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Isettas were mostly designed for a southern euro market....most are found in Spain and Italy....however....the few that were made for German use, had an engine shroud over the cyllinders, with a duct and pipe....much like my design.....was usually made of aluminum for weight, but would cover the top of the 2 cyllinders, with one duct upwards....heat rises naturally.....then a small fan midway would suck the heat up into the tiny cab.....

And yeah....I got a whole box of resistors with all my other vintage computer parts....I actually still have some old 3DFx graphics cards...worth big bucks to collectors now....Im gonna sell em....I used em for a WW1 flight sim I did online (Red Baron 3 by Dynamix)...but thats died out, so gonna sell....$150 each +/-......seriously.....64mb, 128mb.....but, theyre 3DFx.....and theyre still making updated drivers.....these cards were awesome....really big in the UK, along with the older Commodore stuff....I got $7k in comp stuff here, that I dont use anymore, lol........I need to get a credit card so I can get an Ebay account......I could buy myself another vintage Harley in 12 months.....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I remember the 64's and the 128's.used to play around with basic on em.also used to have an Atari 65xe when i was a kid.gonna ask Dad if he still has em in the attic.he probably sold them at a yard sale

1 - 10 of 10 Posts