Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My suspension seems really soft. If I hold the front brake I can easily bounce the bike up and down on the front suspension just by pulling back on the bars.
Is it likely the oil is gone from it? Does it need to be replaced?

-Robert

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Seals are probably shot.I had one leaking on the bottom

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Sounds like another project. :) Hopefully it requires less cursing than pulling the carbs.

-Robert
Actually none of the projects on these bikes require cursing. It is just something most owners throw in for free and makes it more entertaining for others to watch. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
My 1500 was the same way after about 40,000 miles,I thought the heavy bike was the problem since I had no leaks.You may just need a fork oil change, it wears out like all other oil.

If you want you can step up to 15W fork oil to stop some of the dive and give a little firmer ride and it's easy peasy. Like the others said check for leaks first.if you don't see any.drain each side into a measuring cup or any clean clear container and see if you have the same amount of oil in each side. If they are the same or real close to the same and approximately the amount called for in the manual,change the fork oil and ride it like you stole it.:smiley_th

1 - 6 of 6 Posts