What's the test?

·
Registered
941 Posts
ok I'll bite (pun intended):

Steak
Chicken
corn on the cob, lobster, salmon on a plank

but I'm guessing there's gonna be more to this....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Fork,gas grill,ditto.Thar's a little bit of Murica in each pic too.and some air,some dust,a little bacteria...

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
that's a lot of chicken for one person...You expecting friends..hint hint.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Close but no cigar...

Top photo is what they call here a "Saratoga" steak...basicly it's a ribeye that's had the larger bits of fat trimmed off.

Center photo are in fact boneless "country" ribs. And I like leftovers.

Last is cedar planked salmon (basted in garlic butter and Wild Turkey Honey), a rock lobster tail, but not corn (I cook those in the husk) it's a yellow zucchini split and stuffed with butter.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
What bbq sauce on them thar ribs? Do you use a dry rub as well?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I need to find out how to do that split zucchini w/ butter.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What bbq sauce on them thar ribs? Do you use a dry rub as well?
Yes, dry rub and then wet sauced after smoking them for an hour....then low heat for another 40 minutes.
Sauce is Baby Rays sweet and spicy with added garlic, honey, chipotle, and red wine and Irish whiskey.
Dry rub is smoked paprika, salt, crushed black pepper, chipotle , onion and garlic powder.

Zucchini is made by splitting length wise and scoring the halves 3/4 way in with sharp knife. Pouring melted butter mixed with a bit of salt and garlic powder and then rolling it back together wrapping it in foil. Bake until soft.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Yes, dry rub and then wet sauced after smoking them for an hour....then low heat for another 40 minutes.
Sauce is Baby Rays sweet and spicy with added garlic, honey, chipotle, and red wine and Irish whiskey.
Dry rub is smoked paprika, salt, crushed black pepper, chipotle , onion and garlic powder.

Zucchini is made by splitting length wise and scoring the halves 3/4 way in with sharp knife. Pouring melted butter mixed with a bit of salt and garlic powder and then rolling it back together wrapping it in foil. Bake until soft.
You had me at hello...I love to use Apple to smoke pork with.you've got heat,sweet,and smoke.did you taste the breath of the dragon?I think you have an idea what I mean there

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yep...sweet...hot...and smoke....

There's a local guy here that sells a nice selection of hot sauces:
https://www.kenspepperworks.com

Been using them in various concoctions for awhile.

I have several hickory trees on my property and been making use of fallen branches for awhile. Local BBQ shop here sells applewood, cherrywood, and other smoking woods. The mesquite and applewood are my favorites....but I used my own hickory on the ribs.

Sometime this summer I'm going to have another local dude build me a reverse smoker... Big enough to do a dozen slabs of ribs at a time.. .:)
https://m.facebook.com/ManofSteelFabrication?fref=photo

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I've got a crab Apple tree that I steal branches off of.I like cherry and hickory as well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts