Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the 700/750 big enough to handle a small trailer. theres a place not too far from me that sells them but no real info on their site

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
is the 700/750 big enough to handle a small trailer. theres a place not too far from me that sells them but no real info on their site
Small is a relative term. What you really need to know is the towing weight of the trailer loaded. That will determine if you have enough weight to pull it properly. Several members have done so but I am not sure of the towing weight of their set up. Do a search and you should find several threads on the subject including at least one on how to build your own trailer and how to attach a hitch correctly to the VN 750. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
And for heaven's sake, if you do it post some pix!!! We love new ideas!

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like this is going to turn into a winter project. gather a 900 rear fender and install that. have to figure out whether to use flat steel or tube steel to make the mounts for the receiver for the bike.

as for the trailer, ill end up welding something up to suit my own needs. i can probably do the whole project for less than they want for the trailer alone.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The 900 fender isn't needed, it was used to hide the hitch. Some one made a hitch that was easy to remove.... But I think it was on another forum...I'll look for it when I get on my computer

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
please do, ive been coming up empty on google...on edit..found a few links after i rebooted the computer, i have to remember to reboot more often. found a 40x49 cargo trailer at hf for 185.00 and sears has a cargo carrier for 150.00 so maybe it wont take as long as i was thinking.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Just my opinion, but I feel towing a trailer behind 2 wheels is suicide, as youre removing a lot of "emergency escape" opts....I can see it on a trike, definitely, but I never would with 2 wheels, even with a big GW or Dresser...
If anything, mebbe Id opt for a specially designed sidecar to haul stuff...but again, just my own opinion.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats funny you brought up sidecars. i knew of a old shop with a sidecar hanging as a sign, but damn looks like they are in business.

http://l-w-body.com/

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
There ya go....and Im sure they can fabricate a nice sidecar designed specifically for storage....kinda like the one they made on OC Choppers for a wounded litter....matter of fact....and not all that far from you, Vulcan 2000 has a buddy that can fabricate all kinds of stuff....PM Tom and mebbe he could hook ya up with this guy.....he build his own trike, and its awesome !

I just dont like the idea of towing....if ya hit something, ya got that much more aiming at yer back....Id rather have it on the side....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts