Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Temperature Guage Specs

864 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Diamondjim05 
#1 ·
When I bought my bike it was laid down by the PO and the tach was missing, which means I have no temp gauge either. Does anyone know the ohm range for the gauge wire? Meaning that if i hook up a multimeter to the sensor wire that would plug into the back of the temp gauge, what would my readings be for different temps? I have looked im my manual, but the only info it gives me is the internal resistance of the actual sensor for testing purposes. Also, If i were to buy a temporary gauge from autozone or somewhere, what would the resistence scale be? Some start low and go to mid, some start at the middle and go high. I just want to be able to watch the coolant temp, so i dont end up overheating the engine and leading to even more repairs that could have been avoided.

#2 ·
That`s not a question that I have seen addressed previously.

I`m not well versed in electrical theory or technical know how, so we will have to wait for one of our electrical gurus to chime in here.

#3 ·
To tp keep myself from sounding to much like an idiot i felt i needed to change my lst post, i stated that the resistance goes from a lower number to a higher number ast he temp increases, actually the resistance drops as the coolant and the sensor ger hotter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.