Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the speedo fixed, thanks to Dianna's "whack" idea.

Where do I find the sending unit for the temp gauge? Is there a way to test to see if the problem is in the sending unit or the gauge itself?

Didn't find anything in clymers or haynes covering the subject

Thanks
Bob

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't know what page, but there is a huge section on it. You can find it in the "cooling" section of the clymer's manual. I want to say that there is one located under the fuel tank/plastic side cover by the radiator filler, but again, thats just going on what I remember sort of glancing over as I flipped through looking for something else.

But yes, I do beleive there is a way to test the sender.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Sender is located on the bottom left hand side of the radiator. Can't miss it, it's right on the corner.

My gauge did not work and it turned out the wire to the sender was clipped. I soldered it back on and voila! Worked great!

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
according to the parts diagram in the Kawasaki service manual, the fan switch screws into the lower left of the radiator. The temperature sending unit screws into the thermostat housing (located behind the radiator on the upper right).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right again!

Deuce was right. I pulled the cover, and there was a wire that was unhooked on the top. I can't believe that I'm so stupid, but I never did find it, or a way to test it in the manual. It is 10 p.m. so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if the loose wire was the problem. The good part is, it definately didn't help things by not being hooked up

Thanks again.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts