Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a major leak in/on my tank. When it is on the bike, the gas drips from the high side (on kickstand) up near the front tab for bolting to the frame. Someone suggested the fuel level sensor in bottom of the tank might be leaking at a gasket. Does this sound reasonable?

There is what appears to be a place for a rubber hose to be attached to the sensor on the rear of the sensor, but I do not have any hose there and I do not see a loose one anywhere. Should there be one and where would it be connected on the other end?

I had the tank off and found that I had a bad fuel line to the rear carb. I fixed it and thought I had fixed my problem. No such luck. I have not had the tank off since I found out a little more about where the drip is.

Preach
'85 VN700

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the leak. The right side tab to mount the tank to the frame is where it is leaking. Will have to get it brased or replace the tank.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket tank source? I would like a little larger tank. If not I will keep an eye on ebay for one.

Preach

'85 VN 700

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not right off Preach. Seems like this question has come a few times, but I don't remember anyone having a good source. I know this isn't much help, but it seems like someone said one from another bike would fit ours, but for the life of me I can't remember it now....sorry..

·
Registered
82 Posts
For some reason I remember someone saying that they mounted a tank from an 800 vulcan on the 750. But can't remember where it came from.

Ride Safe
Wayne :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Preach,

I have just found a leak in the exact same place on my 91. I knew I was smelling fuel!
What did you ever find out about the tank? Did you have it repaired or go new?
The price I was quoted on the tank was around $500.

Thanks,
Jon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts