Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Tank Emblem

7K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Spockster 
#1 ·
My wife's 2004 VN750 was liberated of a tank emblem in a motel parking lot (just one, weird, eh?), and she is pissed. I'm having no luck finding a replacement. Any suggestions? You'd make make me a really popular husband if you could help me find one. Thanks.

#3 ·
I hope they didn't damage the paint. They are available from any dealer, bikebandit.com, cheapcycleparts.com, ronayers.com, and a lot of other places that sell oem Kawasaki parts.

#4 ·
Send me a picture of the emblem. KM sent me a pair and I don't plan on using them and I know how it feels in trying to keep the wife happy.

#5 ·
I'm not sure about the tank emblem, but my dealer got me one for my 03 side plate...
BTW-I always cover my bike at a motel, as it seems to keep most zombies away...
I have a darn good rain cover, and I think I only gave like $30 for it...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#6 ·
I don't have any emblems on my side covers. I destroyed the right side one shortly after buying the bike, the edge was loose, and it got caught on my jeans while I was getting on the bike, and bent it in half. I noticed the left one was also falling off, so I just removed them both. I have thought about having some stick on vinyl emblems made, maybe in metallic silver, that just say "VULCAN" in script, without the 750 part.

#7 ·
Just remembered, I believe I was wrong, I think he got the whole side plate...Darn CRS...lol... I do think he got the side plate and all though...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

#8 ·
You'd make make me a really popular husband if you could help me find one. Thanks.
I plan on removing the badges from my gas tank. It is an '04 and the emblems look fine, I just don't like badges on anything (including cars).

The right side has been snagged and has a slight crease, the other side is perfect. I just snapped a quick picture of the right side, but if you would like a better one I can get one in the daylight tomorrow.

I would be happy to send them to you for whatever the shipping would be.

#10 ·
#14 ·
Niiiiiccee ! Just got on this thread subject.....Where are these available ?
tia
WilliamTech

#15 ·
DevinWolfe- That appears to be the right logo (see my attached pic if it works), sadly the right hand side is the one I need to replace. Knowing my wife as I do, I think she'd rather me buy a new one instead of using the slightly damaged one you have. I appreciate the offer, though.

The Deuce- Let me know if the set you have is like this and if so what kind of deal we might be able to work out.

#17 ·
I have not yet removed the badges, but the offer stands. If you'd like them I will get them off in the next day or two.

If you'd like me to just put them in an envelope then I wouldn't even ask for the stamp cost, but if you'd prefer to pay for a nicer (media mail type sleeve) package then I'd be happy to let you Paypal the cost of shipping.

#18 ·
They are difficult to remove. I have a mint tank and fenders for a '97 model in red, the tank has gray side panels. I was going to put different emblems on it, and removed the original ones. Destroyed them both. Then never got around to doing anything else. Still have the tank and fenders I plan on "someday" putting on my greenish black '02.

#23 ·