Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey VN750 riders... There is a guy online at www.classicchaps.com who makes tank bibs for the big Vulcans. While having a discussion with him about my Nomad, he looked at my webpage and saw my VN750 and sent me the email below. This tank bib looks AWESOME and it is made FOR the VN750. The price is good too. For anyone who has scratched their tank with their zipper or metal on the vest, this tank bib is a must have item. Check it out and if you are so inclined, order one. Mention that The Bulldog sent you...

If the pictures don't come through, let me know and I'll post them on my site. Jeff @ Classic Chaps doesn't have pictures of this up on his site yet - they are that new!!!

http://www.classicchaps.com/

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey VN750 riders... There is a guy online at www.classicchaps.com who makes tank bibs for the big Vulcans. While having a discussion with him about my Nomad, he looked at my webpage and saw my VN750 and sent me the email below. This tank bib looks AWESOME and it is made FOR the VN750. The price is good too. For anyone who has scratched their tank with their zipper or metal on the vest, this tank bib is a must have item. Check it out and if you are so inclined, order one. Mention that The Bulldog sent you...

If the pictures don't come through, let me know and I'll post them on my site. Jeff @ Classic Chaps doesn't have pictures of this up on his site yet - they are that new!!!

http://www.classicchaps.com/
Bulldog, that is my vn750 that Jeff used to fit the prototype, those are the pictures I took after I put the tank bra on.. pretty nice looking bike if I do say so
myself (LOL)

His product is great in both fit and quality, do not hesitate to buy one, you won't be sorry.

Stan

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
If it were a little further up on the tank (to hide the slight dent in mine) I'd probably get one.
Looks really nice, that's for sure! :smiley_th

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
$44.00 + $5.75 shipping and 6% tax if in PA.
With studs add $15.00
With a pocket add $10.00

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,681 Posts
ok, they look good. but how hard is it to get them on or off? do you need to remove the tank?
dang, know there's one more thing i got to put on my "wish list" for the vn750!

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, they look good. but how hard is it to get them on or off? do you need to remove the tank?
I asked the same question and was told that you do need to remove the seat but that the tank doesn't have to be removed. Under the tank, there is elastic that helps keep the bib tight and looking right.

This is one of the nicer aftermarket accessories that I've seen for a VN750 in a while and I would like to encourage the members here to look into this product. I continually hear people lament about the lack of farkles for the VN750 so when I see someone going out of their way to make quality aftermarket accessories for the model, I hope that we reward them by taking advantage of their offer.

Me personally, as someone who has some major scuffage on the bottom of my tank from my vest extenders and the seat, this tank bib will be on my list of items to have when I get the VN750 back on the road when it warms up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is simple to remove, take off the seat, undo the rear od the bib and slide the elasic off from under the front of the tank...less than 5 minutes

Stan

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, I couldn't find a pic of the 750 with studs or a pocket,
but here is the 1600 Nomad with studs...

And an 1100 Virago with the pocket (although I would think pocket size depends on tank size, so maybe contact Classic Chaps to find out the exact size)

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Like the look of the studded bib. With studs it's 64.75, a lot of geedus but my Lena will look even sexier. Next you'll be talking me into chrome wheels.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Does it scuff up the paint on the tank under the bra?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Does it scuff up the paint on the tank under the bra?
This is from the website......

When I looked into making these, I wanted to improve on the design and address the concern of the bra rubbing the tank at the edges of the bra. Other brands use vinyl with a fuzzy underside that is rolled and sewn to make the edge which covers the fuzzy part with vinyl. That vinyl edge can rub the tank. Our bras are assembled and then a separate lining of soft fabric is sewn on the underside, right to the outside edges so that nothing touches the paint except the soft liner. Sure it takes more time, but I'm not out to fix a problem only to create another one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, BD
What kind of seat is that? It looks AWESOME and vey comfy !!! My wife might even consider riding with me again with one of THOSE !!!

Larry

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I had a full bib made from Timberwolf leather. The web site only shows a few of his items. Av phone call and he made exactly what I wanted at a reasonable price. He is a fellow biker that does excellant work.

BD not trying to hijack your forum but just giving them info on a different type product.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5621573

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey, BD
What kind of seat is that? It looks AWESOME and vey comfy !!! My wife might even consider riding with me again with one of THOSE !!!

Larry
if you haven't tracked this info down yet, i think what you are enamored of is the stock seat with the Kawasaki passenger back rest extender.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts