Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only people I could find still making them and I was knocked over when it arrived! Beautiful workmanship and the fit is perfect. VTwinworld on ebay across the pond. Before and after pics.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Nice. How does it connect? Hard? Easy?

Reactions: Dddy1st

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I’m guessing it attaches under the tank. Tank is only 3 bolts and the fuel connections. Best advice is to do it with an almost empty tank. I took the tank off full once, it’s not super heavy but full is almost 30lbs in total.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,850 Posts
I’m guessing it attaches under the tank. Tank is only 3 bolts and the fuel connections. Best advice is to do it with an almost empty tank. I took the tank off full once, it’s not super heavy but full is almost 30lbs in total.
^
Yup.

looks good.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Removed the seat but didn't remove the tank. Just removed the side reflector panels under the triple tree and fed the ties thru.
Thanks for that. I bought the last one they had. Thanks for that, too.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sweet! Yeah I hesitated originally thinking 100 bucks was a bit steep...that was until it arrived! What a fine piece of work.
Yep - the first thing I said was, "Whoa." Then it looked so good on your bike that my hands ordered it without my brains involved LOL. How many were left when you ordered?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep - the first thing I said was, "Whoa." Then it looked so good on your bike that my hands ordered it without my brains involved LOL. How many were left when you ordered?
that's too funny! I think it said 4. I assume they will make more if the demand is there. Next mission is to try to find a highway bar to hang pegs from, without having to pull out the "erector set" to fabricate one.....

·
Registered
359 Posts
that's too funny! I think it said 4. I assume they will make more if the demand is there. Next mission is to try to find a highway bar to hang pegs from, without having to pull out the "erector set" to fabricate one.....
That’s even funnier! I’m also looking for a highway bar aka engine guard so I can hang some pegs a friend gave me. You seem to be connected like a switchboard so let me know where to buy when you land it. LOLOLOL

·
Registered
359 Posts
Oh by the way, I know it’s tight, but with offset pegs wouldn’t they mount to the frame in that same area? Maybe someone has tried that and could tell me why I’m way off base. LOL

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
“Oh by the way, I know it’s tight, but with offset pegs wouldn’t they mount to the frame in that same area? Maybe someone has tried that and could tell me why I’m way off base. LOL”

You’d have to mount pegs that are about 4” longer so they stick out far enough to put your foot on.

·
Registered
359 Posts
“Oh by the way, I know it’s tight, but with offset pegs wouldn’t they mount to the frame in that same area? Maybe someone has tried that and could tell me why I’m way off base. LOL”

You’d have to mount pegs that are about 4” longer so they stick out far enough to put your foot on.
Thanks for that! Your solution looks like a good one. Custom job, right?

·
Super Moderator
12,036 Posts
I wish I still had a photo of it, but I made my own “tank bib”. Was about 6” wide, made from heavy leather with a double layer of black felt underneath. I put some heavy duty metal snaps on it to match up with a small leather bag I bought, so you could snap the bag down to the bib creating a small “tank bag”, which you could remove easily.
I’ve actually been thinking about making another for my Triumph. I do have a big magnetic tank bag, but it’s just too big for everyday use, as I have a tail case and side cases on the bike for carrying large stuff.
The small (6”X 10”X 3”) bag was great for holding my phone and wallet. Or my pistol 😉

The only thing I suggest to having a bib on your tank is to occasionally remove it to clean the tank and underside of the bib. Dirt, dust, etc... can work it’s way under the bib, and even though it may seem secure, the bib does move around a bit while riding, so it can cause wear on the finish of you tank. Putting a good coat of wax on the tank before installing the bib can help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts