Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Now what
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions as to a good tank bag for the 750?

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
Tank Bag

I am very happy with my Cortech Mini Magnetic Tank Bag by Tour Master. It is the perfect size, has a useful variety of pockets, and is easy to access.

Yes, the Vulcan's handlebars make it difficult to attach the protective strap that comes with it, but I ride with the bag unstrapped about 98% of the time because my windshield keeps the wind off the tank. If I'm carrying an extra-heavy load and feel a need for the strap, I can rig it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
http://www.fieldsheer.com/web2006/PRODUCT/introduction/luggage/eiffel tank bag.htm

I like this bag. Its a three peice set. You can use just the magnetic map pouch, or the small bag, or big bag, or all three at the same time as they zip to one another. http://www.toadworks.org/vulcan.html The second row of photos shows how the tank in its various configurations looks on my vulcan.

However, I normally put the small bag and base on the tank, then bunji the larger bag to the back seat to serve as a back rest. I can put enough clothing in the rear bag for an overnight stay and put maps, a few tools, etc in the front bag. I'm very happy with the bag.

The bags come with a rain cover that is attatched in small compartment in each bag. You just pull it out and cover each bag. I used these a couple of times, once when walking and yesterday during a light rain shower, but it wasn't really enough to truly test the bag.

The bags also have back pack straps so that you can pull the bags off and walk with them. Very nice I think.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I've got a Givi T429 that I got from ebay for $35, sells for $80.
It's a pretty simple one with a clear map pocket on top and one main compartment, which is expandable.
What makes it nice is that you can unzip the bag from the magnetic part and it's a backpack. The magnetic part can then stay on the tank and also has a map pocket, which can be used alone if you don't need the whole bag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts