Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone knows of a tall back rest other then the round top one please let me know. I have tryed to get one or two on ebay but i guess i wasen't fast enough. Thank you

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I just bought one of these on ebay. Might be the same seller, I don't remember. It is the earlier model aluminum backrest rather than the chrome one made today (the newspaper it was wrapped in was dated 1986). I'm told with some polishing and clear coat, it would be hard to tell the difference. The aluminum looks pretty good as is. I did notice that the foam in the back pad seemed extremely soft; probably due to deterioration with age. It will probably need to be replaced for the rider's comfort. Will also need to lose the button to match my Mustang seat.

If the same folks who were bidding against me bid on this, it will go for around $130 + shipping. A new model can be had for $148 + shipping, possibly less. Bid wisely.

Pretty sure it will fit your bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was one of them that did bid against i mesg him ( the guy selling it) and he said that it would. I hope i get it been looking for one for about 3 months. You said a new one they still make them today? Everyone i talk to ( local stores ) says that they don't make them any more. Well thanks for the info

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
I was one of them that did bid against i mesg him ( the guy selling it) and he said that it would. I hope i get it been looking for one for about 3 months. You said a new one they still make them today? Everyone i talk to ( local stores ) says that they don't make them any more. Well thanks for the info
Was out of town and couldn't get back to you sooner. As already posted, I believe they do. Not that much difference in price between what I paid and the newer one.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Update on installing NOS extended backrest. NONE of the holes in the backrest were aligned to properly mate with the mounting holes or the seat mounts. Spent two hours with a Dremel tool making them fit. Not real happy about the situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts