Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Tall Backrest

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  lance328 
#1 ·
I've missed two of the tall backrests offered here, so I decided to be proactive. If anybody has one they are thinking about getting rid of, feel free to PM me with a picture and price! Thanks.

#2 ·
you think you have been snoozin ' I had no idea what those tall backrests were going for and practically gave one away,but if I price something I will sell it for what I priced it for regardless,one mans loss is anothers gain and I like getting a good deal every now and then too,Denny

#3 ·
Yep, your was one of 'em! They both went for next to nothing.

#5 ·
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Lusting eyes are everywhere! Yeah, it's been on my watching list.

#6 ·
flite,

I know how you feel!!! I finally scored one after several (like 15 to 20 times) of trying to get on in the past 6 months. I guess I was on at the right time this time. I hope you find/get one sonner than I did.

Good luck!!

Waynebo37

#7 ·
Thanks. Hope everyone is out riding this evening and this one will be mine!

#9 ·
well ,who bought it?

#10 ·
I did, but it was almost as much as getting it from a dealer. Saved a little $, and it is a new seat. Slim kept bidding me up! LOL

#21 ·
Yeah Slim, I knew by your bike pics you were just pullin' my leg.

Flite,

Glad you got it and didn't have to wait as long as I did!!

Waynebo37
It's mine Wayne, but I didn't get the bargain I was hoping for!

congrats on the new back rest, flite. The bids sure jumped in the last 2 hours. It was at $51 or $54, when I looked at it.
Yeah, I had forgotten it was due to close and got online with five minutes to go. It had jumped by then, and just kept going up!

#14 ·
mothers polish and a dremel with the polishing wheels and no one will know it's not chrome if you clean it with brake solvent after polishing an clear coat it :smiley_th

#15 ·
Sounds like a plan. Thanks! Does the clear coat come in a rattle can? Any particular brand you would recommend?

#17 ·
lance hit the nail on the head that is what I use and if you get any runs wet sand with 1500 grit and give it another coat

#18 ·
Flite,

Glad you got it and didn't have to wait as long as I did!!

Waynebo37

#19 ·
congrats on the new back rest, flite. The bids sure jumped in the last 2 hours. It was at $51 or $54, when I looked at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.