Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clear Large 20"x35" Windshield for Harley Davidson Sportster Dyna Softail XL Glide Honda Magna Shadow Spirit Sabre Valkyrie VTX VT 600 750 1100 Kawasaki Vulcan VN 500 750 800 900 1500 1600 1700 Yamaha Cruisers VMax Virago V Star Warrior Road Royal Yamaha Cruiser Motorcycle
DOES THIS FIT??

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Its one of those universal mount things...yours would sit lower since the pic bike has risers....if ya can get it fer under 100 with ALL hardware, might not be bad....but if its used and has scratches, ya cant tell that unless ya see it......I bought a batwing fairing fer $80, then made my own shorty windshield....I can add accessories to the inside now too....them clear ones, yer limited....all depends on what ya want....I personally think the clear look cheasy...like on KC2's bike....Id at least paint the lower end to match the bike....from the inside, btw....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Its one of those universal mount things...yours would sit lower since the pic bike has risers....if ya can get it fer under 100 with ALL hardware, might not be bad....but if its used and has scratches, ya cant tell that unless ya see it......I bought a batwing fairing fer $80, then made my own shorty windshield....I can add accessories to the inside now too....them clear ones, yer limited....all depends on what ya want....I personally think the clear look cheasy...like on KC2's bike....Id at least paint the lower end to match the bike....from the inside, btw....
WTF??

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Ouch! Damn, that one hurt all the way over here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think Wolfie phrased it poorly, he meant to say they look cheesey all clear, but your's painted to match the body colour look good. Your bike inspired the plans for mine

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think Wolfie phrased it poorly, he meant to say they look cheesey all clear, but your's painted to match the body colour look good. Your bike inspired the plans for mine
Agree with AngryBob - Wolfie was complimenting what KC2 did with his

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
ummm....hate to say it, but mine is NOT painted

Here is a picture of my cheesy windshield

HERE
Is that a windshield or a sail? :D Just kidding. I bet that really makes a nice difference on long rides.

Here's my cheesy windshield. You need to age the cheese just right to get it just clear enough to use on a bike. At least with clear you can sorta see through them.

Ride safe! -Sloppy

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
:baby:I just don't like Memphis shades and I'm fighting to not ever put one on my Harley. I have a street shield and homemade lowers.

NEVER clean the glass with anything. Get a towel full of hot water and lay it on the glass to soften up the bug carcasses. Then wipe with the towel. I then use my portable laser wash blower (leaf blower) to dry it really fast. DO the same thing on both sides. Two years and not a scratch on the current shield.

Wolfie mispelled it:
"I personally think the clear look cheasy" it was 'classy'. The h is like right next to the 'j' and the 'k' over there and obviously slipped and added that 'e'. the 'a' is right next to the 's'. Happens all the time. Surprised yall didn't catch that

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,078 Posts
It ain't easy bein cheesy.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....really KC....REALLY ?.....want me to find the post where you actually suggested to another member to paint the lowers from the inside ?......

"I" dont like all clear....unless its more a Harley Police style...and even then lower section were painted....

....why dont ya just put a fookin bullet in my head right now ?....almost EVERYBODY paints the insides of then clear shields....

....wow.....I REALLY didnt need that bullsheit.......I expressed my opinion....fook me fer that, eh ????....guess I gotta kiss everyones azz now ?....well, guess what........

I think you been workin too hard with fooked up hours bro.....you definitely need a weekend off like you said in emails....I got my head right now...makin you the offer to go booniein'....Stokes.....primitive....me, you, bikes....

Thats ouch thing was bullsheit......

Still love ya man....but really...you need a break, like I did....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
WTF means What the F*&^

In other words, explain yourself, not flip out like above....

Wolf, I think you are the one out of line here, you can have any opinion you want but singling out one persons bike is ridiculous.

As far as "EVERYBODY" doing something, what ever happened to being unique?

that's like me saying I dont like colored teddy bear stickers like on Wolfies bike

If i came out and said that you would be like "WTF" wouldn't ya?

Anyway I don't care what my bike looks like, 60K and still cranking.

kenny

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
that's like me saying I dont like colored teddy bear stickers like on Wolfies bike

...and youre free to say that (just before Days)...and you HAVE....did I chastize you ????.....did I fookin insult you ???

....some of you need to get a fookin REAL life outside of yer jobs........its taking over you.....your fookin brains are becoming toast...like robots....

...thats it....Im fookin DONE here.....all I did was voice my opinion, then quote what the same member stated in another post.....

...I dont need this sheit no more...especially from my so called "brothers".....

...so much fer that.........just what I fookin needed now....thanks.....so much for "brotherhood"....

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow...very sorry my question about a $45 (new) windshield through Amazon "Teeded" folks off!!:( I would paint the bottom of the "shield" after I see how it goes,but dont know what paint will stick so well to smooth acrylic,or will I need to "roughen" with fine grit??Also I need clear because I ride at 10pm home from work,dont want any tint to hide "critters"!!

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
Aside from cheesy there's a buttery option you might also want to consider, even comes with a bull...

Might attract some critters on your ride home though... ;)

Getting back to cheese there are any number of suitable shades of cheese for your windshield. Contact Ron, looks like he's got a good sample platter going. Maybe he could provide you with a sample swatch.

Seriously though, if we're getting bent out of shape over some cheese humor it's probably time to step away from the keyboard and get some fresh air. Life's too short. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
...and youre free to say that (just before Days)...and you HAVE....did I chastize you ????.....did I fookin insult you ???

....some of you need to get a fookin REAL life outside of yer jobs........its taking over you.....your fookin brains are becoming toast...like robots....

...thats it....Im fookin DONE here.....all I did was voice my opinion, then quote what the same member stated in another post.....

...I dont need this sheit no more...especially from my so called "brothers".....

...so much fer that.........just what I fookin needed now....thanks.....so much for "brotherhood"....
Why the big reaction?

Jobs? All weekend I was living it up, saw rocky on Broadway Friday and climbed around in catamount trees on sat. Sunday made some amazing food in Brooklyn.

All Kc did was say wtf and you went off.

We are going to the chatterbox Thursday come ride.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I had a really good English cheddar on Sunday. Carradios is awesome

Kenny

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts