Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got woke up by a text from a friend who wants to get rid of his bike, . a few years back i was eye balling it . its a 1985 700 the tank is leaking and seriouslly hasnt ran since jesus was a baby. now my bike has bent handel bars and some chrome pieces that took some pavment when my buddie decided to go sledding down the street with it a few months ago... now is everything transferable ie bars headlight tach yada yada.... or is this $200 he wants for it a dumb idea . hell if the final drive is good i could sell that and basically get my parts i need for free right? he said he has title in hand

sorry for the long run on sent im tired and i cant sleep thinking if this will work on my 750?

this a bad idea ?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
So, what's the problem? A parts bike for $200. I mean, free is best, but that's not a lot, and you can probably sell anything you don't use and get your money back.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only differance is the engine ccs right and something about the master cylinder or something i read about in the verses ?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Not positive, but from all I've read on here, most everything is interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
the only differance is the engine ccs right and something about the master cylinder or something i read about in the verses ?
you are correct almost everything else interchanges,this model does have self canceling signals and a little difference in the wiring harness,I believe I would tear his arm off to get it for that price if you have room to store it,if i were you.On the other hand if you need a set off stock bars I let you have a set for a 10 spot and shipping if that is all you want.Oh this is off topic but your pm about fishing Erie has me curious is the western Basin near Port Clinton?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
you are correct, almost everything else interchanges,this model does have self canceling signals and a little difference in the wiring harness,I believe I would tear his arm off to get it for that price if you have room to store it,if i were you.On the other hand if you need a set off stock bars I let you have a set for a 10 spot and shipping if that is all you want.Oh this is off topic but your pm about fishing Erie has me curious is the Western Basin near Port Clinton?

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I doubt you're going to have anyone talk you out of this my friend. It seems you need it and the price is right. You could make that 200 back pretty easily after you spend it. My advice? Go for it dude.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
just got woke up by a text from a friend who wants to get rid of his bike, . a few years back i was eye balling it . its a 1985 700 the tank is leaking and seriouslly hasnt ran since jesus was a baby. now my bike has bent handel bars and some chrome pieces that took some pavment when my buddie decided to go sledding down the street with it a few months ago... now is everything transferable ie bars headlight tach yada yada.... or is this $200 he wants for it a dumb idea . hell if the final drive is good i could sell that and basically get my parts i need for free right? he said he has title in hand

sorry for the long run on sent im tired and i cant sleep thinking if this will work on my 750?

this a bad idea ?

I would talk you out of it, but it will not do me any good since you are so far from me. lol

I got a parts bike in bad shape for 200$. I have sold some parts off of it. It is a good buy.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Don't do it. Send me his contact info so I can buy it and remove the temptation.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
you are correct almost everything else interchanges,this model does have self canceling signals and a little difference in the wiring harness,I believe I would tear his arm off to get it for that price if you have room to store it,if i were you.On the other hand if you need a set off stock bars I let you have a set for a 10 spot and shipping if that is all you want.Oh this is off topic but your pm about fishing Erie has me curious is the western Basin near Port Clinton?
mine does have the self canceling signals .. theres a few other odds and ends that i need off it as well. i have a 3.5 car garage storeing it isnt a problem . i keep my spare outdrives for my boats along with a few engines < i have lots of stuff in there and still have room to pull in my car or truck if need be

port clinton all the way west till michigan thats my eye and perch stomping grounds :beerchug: from where i launch in the river (3 miles south of where I75 goes over the river) to lake erie then out lake erie and head northeastish its about 1.5- 2 hr ride to the islands ie put n bay kellys then port clint in just south of sout bass aka put n bay most days you can see it from shore

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
I'm not going to talk you out of it. I've spent a lot more than that on things with zero return. If you have the $200 and the space jump on it. Like a pack of dogs on a 3 legged cat.

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
okay im picking it up this weekend haven been down there in a few months anyhow

·
2,526 Posts
Good job, hope it works out for you.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ Hellz yeah! Quick story: I met Ron_G a couple weeks ago. He was nice enough to drive me from my new place (he lives kinda near by) to the old one so I could grab the meanie. Nice guy by the way, just a real class act. Anyway, he was in a bit of a hurry but when we pulled in the driveway of the old place I go, "Do you want to take a look at the meanie real quick?" He goes, "Yeah, I never pass up a chance to look at a different bike!" LOL!!! Bikers man, wudaya gonna do? :D

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
^ Hellz yeah! Quick story: I met Ron_G a couple weeks ago. He was nice enough to drive me from my new place (he lives kinda near by) to the old one so I could grab the meanie. Nice guy by the way, just a real class act. Anyway, he was in a bit of a hurry but when we pulled in the driveway of the old place I go, "Do you want to take a look at the meanie real quick?" He goes, "Yeah, I never pass up a chance to look at a different bike!" LOL!!! Bikers man, wudaya gonna do? :D
I'd want to do the same. Looks like a nice tooling around bike. I bet it's fast, too.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
^ Yeah it's pretty quick. I was sold when I read the specs but once I saw the color in person, there was no turning back. I get chatted up in traffic all the time. Usually people asking what the color is called.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts