Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear light assembly needs a real good cleaning and I don't think this bike has ever been washed... I can get the assembly off the fender, but, how does the wiring detach (and then re attach) from the turn signals? Is it at the crimp coming from under the seat, or is there a way to detach it from the base of the signal itself?

Thanks for the help,

Ox

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear Light Assembly Wiring Diagram

the connections are under the seat. they are solid wires from the bulb socket to that point.
You will just have to fish the wires out.
Thanks to your help I was able to take the entire assembly off and clean easily a years worth of road and who knows what else off of the rear fender.

I took a picture and made this diagram for anyone else who might have had the same question I did.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
The rear light assembly needs a real good cleaning and I don't think this bike has ever been washed... I can get the assembly off the fender, but, how does the wiring detach (and then re attach) from the turn signals? Is it at the crimp coming from under the seat, or is there a way to detach it from the base of the signal itself?

Thanks for the help,

Ox
yes, they are snaked to up under the seat area.....detach electrically there, then pull/snake cable out towards the rear tail-light. I believe there are two points on the underside rear fender which you will be dealing with.

hope this helps
:smiley_th

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the entire assembly off took pics and made a diagram of the electrics. Just waiting on moderator approval.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts