Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what this noise is but i know its coming from the front cylinder. I have rebuilt both ACCT's, and this noise is not there all the time. Sometimes it gets louder at certain RPMs then it goes away. But Friday after riding a little bit the noise was there when i got back so i shot a small clip of video hoping you guys can tell me what it is.

Thanks

·
D2u
175 Posts
Sorry not to laugh at you if indeed you have a prob? KM just cracks me up lmao.:p

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Now you got me worried. Sounds just like mine!

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Yeah the only thing I thought I heard was maybe some Exhaust leak

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
all i heard was the exhaust ... u can try the screw driver technique if u dont have a stethoscope and put the screwdriver where u think u here the noise (on the case) and the handle to your ear and try to pin point the noise... i didnt hear anything out of the ordinary

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Well, this makes an even half dozen who all heard an engine running. I thought there might be some exhaust leak too., as did jt. Sorry we can`t be more help.

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
I heard the loud ticking noise that he's worried about. Try replaceing the crush gaskets and make sure your manifold bolts are plenty tight.

Peace:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Yes, there is a ticking my bike does not have. The 454LTD I bought for my wife this spring gives a similar tick when it is started up, but it goes away in a few minutes. I suspect it is valve noise. But let's wait an see what the EXPERT says about it - you know who I mean..

·
Registered
321 Posts
Kinda how mine sounds... I worried about it for a bit thought maybe it was a stuck lash aduster. Now i just ride it and say its suppose to make noise :)

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
Kinda how mine sounds... I worried about it for a bit thought maybe it was a stuck lash aduster. Now i just ride it and say its suppose to make noise :)
will you be riding it today? Louie Run maybe? the wife and I will be out today. we are going to start at Jimmy's Bar and Grill.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As long as its nothing out of the ordinary, im new to these bikes and wasnt sure what this was. I do know i have a small exhaust leak from that header. So i will put the crush gaskets on it, since i have the harley ones on there now.

Thanks

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
It' just the cam chain slapping around, :doh: the TOC springs do not always take care of the problem. I had the same problem with Tiki Mons scoot, once MCCT's were installed the problem was fixed. :beerchug:

It is definately a metalic tap and not exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
If you listen to this sound clip, I believe you can hear the same noise until just about halfway through the clip. I did the first part of the recording before I did the grambo trick, then edited the "after grambo" clip together so you can hear the difference on the same clip, kind of a side by side comparison. Right after I rev the engine you hear the noise gone. That's where the second part of the clip starts.
http://pages.tstar.net/~fergy/images/sounds/cam_chain_noise.wav

1 - 17 of 17 Posts