Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On labor day, I tore through the Tail of the Dragon twice! Loved the ride!
I haven't bought any pictures yet, but you can see me riding through on the Vulcan on these sites at these times.
When classified, the Vulcan was in the category of Cruisers & Full Dressers.
I'm riding with a Green Triumph Legend TT, an Orange Buell and a Blue Suzuki V-Strom, so we're all in a group.
I'm wearing a black vest, and a Hi-Vis shirt on the first trip and the vest and a blue T-shirt on the second trip.

On Powerhead Productions - killboy.com, we came through at 11:00 and 11:52 AM.
On Xtreme Sports Photography we came through at 11:03 and 11:53 AM
On store.129slayer.com, we came through at 9:58 AM and 10:59 AM. (Wrong timezone?)

I had a good amount of luggage loaded up for this trip.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

One of my favorites shows all 4 of us in the same frame.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle helmet Automotive tire

I'm the 2nd rider in this picture. Loving the lean angle!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Fuel tank

At one point, we were stuck behind a slow vehicle. I happened to see the camera guy and gave him the peace sign.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
887 Posts
Tire Vehicle Wheel Plant Car
I love the dragon. Only ever been on it in my Mazda but I plan to tow the Vulcan up there next year.

Did you get to ride the Cherohala Skyway or the Blue Ridge Parkway while in the area? There’s so many great rides out there

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the dragon. Only ever been on it in my Mazda but I plan to tow the Vulcan up there next year.

Did you get to ride the Cherohala Skyway or the Blue Ridge Parkway while in the area? There’s so many great rides out there
Nah, ride the whole way there! (Well, I'm not sure where you're coming from).
I highly recommend Hunt's Motorcycle lodge in Tellico Plains. We stayed there the night before and took the Cherohala Skyway to the Tail.
They have accommodations ranging from tent camping, to cabins, to parking for toy haulers. They know how to cater to motorcycles.
It was foggy on the Skyway, so I didn't see much of the views, but it's a good road.
From there, we went on to Gatlinburg and through Knoxville to Clinton TN.
1500 miles in total.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Had no idea there's a photographer hanging out most of the time. What's he charge for a pic?

Gives me an idea... My friend's house is on Ohio's Tail of the Dragon, or the Triple Nickel. Saw 20 Polaris Slingshots cruise by last time I was there.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,925 Posts
Had no idea there's a photographer hanging out most of the time. What's he charge for a pic?

Gives me an idea... My friend's house is on Ohio's Tail of the Dragon, or the Triple Nickel. Saw 20 Polaris Slingshots cruise by last time I was there.
two words......"trail camera"....lol that way you can make some extra cash.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,925 Posts
On labor day, I tore through the Tail of the Dragon twice! Loved the ride!
I haven't bought any pictures yet, but you can see me riding through on the Vulcan on these sites at these times.
When classified, the Vulcan was in the category of Cruisers & Full Dressers.
I'm riding with a Green Triumph Legend TT, an Orange Buell and a Blue Suzuki V-Strom, so we're all in a group.
I'm wearing a black vest, and a Hi-Vis shirt on the first trip and the vest and a blue T-shirt on the second trip.

On Powerhead Productions - killboy.com, we came through at 11:00 and 11:52 AM.
On Xtreme Sports Photography we came through at 11:03 and 11:53 AM
On store.129slayer.com, we came through at 9:58 AM and 10:59 AM. (Wrong timezone?)

I had a good amount of luggage loaded up for this trip.
View attachment 53778
View attachment 53779

One of my favorites shows all 4 of us in the same frame.
View attachment 53775

I'm the 2nd rider in this picture. Loving the lean angle!
View attachment 53777

At one point, we were stuck behind a slow vehicle. I happened to see the camera guy and gave him the peace sign.
View attachment 53776
I'm so jeally!

·
Registered
887 Posts
I love the tellico plains area, I stayed in Robbinsville NC both times I went. First at the Quality Inn and then at a nice bed and breakfast called the Appalachian Inn. Most gorgeous lodging I’d ever stayed in.

you know I may just have to ride up instead. Take a week and take it slow. I’m only coming from Jacksonville FL so it’s maybe 9-12 hrs depending on breaks and stops.

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pictures are about $8-$9 each, which is pretty good! You get the actual file, so you can do unlimited prints off of it.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Pictures are about $8-$9 each, which is pretty good! You get the actual file, so you can do unlimited prints off of it.
That's interesting. The pics could make good posters if the resolution is high enough.

Was just talking about the best spots for a camera while cruising on 555 today. They've made it a targeted enforcement zone with lighted message boards and signs due to some crashes lately.

·
Premium Member
4,849 Posts
There's been gravel in some of the curves on 555 lately, so be alert if you ride it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts