Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding hard bags with red lights in them. My plan is to use them as additional stop lights / marker lights and keep (relocated) the existing amber turn signals. Where these bikes are know to have charging issues I plan to replace the existing stop / tail light bulb with an led bulb to reduce the draw and put it roughly back to the same draw as before. Is this a regular old 1156 bulb? Your thoughts please!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
why not get a set of KC's led lights.. the ones you buy for the 1156 bulb have resistors inside them, so you aren't saving anything by swapping bulbs, you need to swap the whole light assembly.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I am adding hard bags with red lights in them. My plan is to use them as additional stop lights / marker lights and keep (relocated) the existing amber turn signals. Where these bikes are know to have charging issues I plan to replace the existing stop / tail light bulb with an led bulb to reduce the draw and put it roughly back to the same draw as before. Is this a regular old 1156 bulb? Your thoughts please!
A VERY wise decision....w/o investigating which bags you purchased, my bag lights contained the sidelight marker type bulb....NOT Legal for Tail / Turn / Brake Lights ..........1156 replacement (reported by others) cause too much heat, resulting in melted plastic.

:smiley_th:smiley_th:smiley_th

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
go with kc's led clusters....you wont regret it

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts