Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lost on wanting to move the taillights. It their an 'official' kit or not?

What's the easiest way to go about this? I'm not good with drilling holes and so on so what's a noob to do??:confused:

·
2,527 Posts
They made factory relocation kits, but they're hard to find anymore. Basically it's a bracket that mounts over where your existing rear blinkers mount and moves it back about 10" or so so it doesn't get in the way of your saddlebags.

·
Crap, I WAS in 5th gear.
500 Posts
I used a Saddlemen license plate backet and cut off the rubber twist-lock portion of the sigals. There are better ways, but I was in a hurry. You would need to do some soldering and use shrink tubing, as the wiring would be exposed inside the rear fender. It's best to stay away from crimp connectors. I also jammed a section of a ballpoint pen in the hole where the wires go into the hub to act as a strain relief and to help keep the mounted signal from rotating too much if it vibrates loose.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok.. I think I saw something similar at Cycle Gear.. I almost bougght it, but wasnt sure it would be right. looking at the Saddleman, this looks the same. So I think I will go back and get it and go from there

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looking at the pics again.. i think i want something that puts them with the tail light and not the license plate...ohhhh what to do

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bad in saying tail lights in the OP.. I want to move the rear turn signals. Whats available for us

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heres a question thats right up the alley of this post. has anyone tried to install the vn2000 intergrated tail lights on an older 750. im thinking of going that way but wanted to see if any one has tried it already and whether they had any success or not?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got a set of LEDs and mounted them right to the tail light housing. Just had to drill two holes and run the wires along the wires for the tail light.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Haven't heard of using the integrated turn/stop/taillight assemblies, but that doesn't mean its not possible.. it should be fairly easy.. making it look right on the other hand might not be so easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts