Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lost on wanting to move the taillights. It their an 'official' kit or not?

What's the easiest way to go about this? I'm not good with drilling holes and so on so what's a noob to do??:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
There is a bolt on kit available. Occasionally someone here will offer one for sale. Try ebay.

·
Super Moderator
12,252 Posts
Have someone drill the holes for you?
I made some from sheet metal (photos and diagram below) you could do the same just using some 1” - 2” wide aluminum or steel bar from Lowe’s.

I’ve seen one guy that drilled holes in the taillight bracket to mount his signals...

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Hi there. I was also looking to relocate my turn signals to make space for some saddlebags. But I couldn't find the relocation brackets and instead opted for this LED brake light + turn signal combo kit.

In fact, the pics you'll see on this ebay post are my bike! Install was VERY easy. And I love the look. It's been treating me well for the past 2 years...no issues.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Aluminum flat stock is easy to drill and bend, I used it to make a bracket, added a chrome metal license plate frame, four chrome license plate bolts, and mounted aftermarket signals with the threaded stud.

Use thin cardboard to make a pattern, when it fits, transfer the pattern to the flat stock. Two bends and four holes is all it needs.

I'll see if I have a pic handy.

The bracket is bolted to the bottom two license plate bolts, but the holes are offset so the bracket sits in the middle.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
252 Posts
Aluminum flat stock is easy to drill and bend, I used it to make a bracket, added a chrome metal license plate frame, four chrome license plate bolts, and mounted aftermarket signals with the threaded stud.

Use thin cardboard to make a pattern, when it fits, transfer the pattern to the flat stock. Two bends and four holes is all it needs.

I'll see if I have a pic handy.

The bracket is bolted to the bottom two license plate bolts, but the holes are offset so the bracket sits in the middle.

View attachment 54249
What part of West Virginia?
I'm in both the north central and north eastern side of the state.

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
What part of West Virginia?
I'm in both the north central and north eastern side of the state.
West.. Ohio river .. Wood co.

I was thinking you were in Roane, maybe that's someone else. Did you have a 60s Mustang?

Northeast? .. Spruce Knob and Seneca Rocks are two of my favorite places.

·
Registered
252 Posts
West.. Ohio river .. Wood co.

I was thinking you were in Roane, maybe that's someone else. Did you have a 60s Mustang?

Northeast? .. Spruce Knob and Seneca Rocks are two of my favorite places.
That's me. My permanent residence is in Roane... and yes... playing with the mustang is my most expensive hobby. That and guns... lol
I have a work address in Hardy County. Moorefield area. Actually drive through Seneca Rocks on the way home. Absolutely beautiful area!

We're practically neighbors! :)

Mike

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
That's me. My permanent residence is in Roane... and yes... playing with the mustang is my most expensive hobby. That and guns... lol
I have a work address in Hardy County. Moorefield area. Actually drive through Seneca Rocks on the way home. Absolutely beautiful area!

We're practically neighbors! :)

Mike
Yep, got some property in Dirt county, kinda close to Rock Run.

Pretty sure I saw you cruising in the Mustang last time we rode to Spencer.

First time I saw Seneca, it still had the tall spires that collapsed in the mid 80s.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yep, got some property in Dirt county, kinda close to Rock Run.

Pretty sure I saw you cruising in the Mustang last time we rode to Spencer.

First time I saw Seneca, it still had the tall spires that collapsed in the mid 80s.
Would be nice to meet you sometime. Haven't played with the Vulcan much lately. Bought it around a dozen years ago, did a bunch of upgrades... and put maybe 1500 miles on it in that time. lol. Spent a lot more time riding dirt bikes with the kids. Youngest of four is 16 now. I'm 54. If you're ever coming through the Spencer area...

Reactions: Spockster

·
Registered
9,856 Posts
Would be nice to meet you sometime. Haven't played with the Vulcan much lately. Bought it around a dozen years ago, did a bunch of upgrades... and put maybe 1500 miles on it in that time. lol. Spent a lot more time riding dirt bikes with the kids. Youngest of four is 16 now. I'm 54. If you're ever coming through the Spencer area...
My riding has been on hold, been healing up since 2020, not cruising around the back roads very much lately with gas prices so crazy. Considered selling my bike, and not riding the ATVs either. Some of my grandkids are around 16. :)

A while back we talked about riding to Roane co. and looking for the Teetering Rock. Ever see it? I've got a picture and general location, near some ridge and cemetery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts