Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
young buck
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got pulled over last night :doh: nice cop told me my tail lights where out. so this morning i checked it out. the 10A fuse is fine but under the seat at the 3 prong wire clip the red (running lights) is not getting power 0v any suggestions where to look next? :BLAM:

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Got pulled over last night :doh: nice cop told me my tail lights where out. so this morning i checked it out. the 10A fuse is fine but under the seat at the 3 prong wire clip the red (running lights) is not getting power 0v any suggestions where to look next? :BLAM:
Be aware, Ignition key must be on to perform that check.
...just sayin'

:smiley_th

·
young buck
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
>.> I'm well aware of that but thanks...

Ill add that i checked the Blue brake lights wire it was reading 12.2 when i hit the peddle so its just the Red im having issues with

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Have you tried both the hand brake and the padle?

Is there any voltagge at the fuse?

Sorry man U are working on the tail light. Follow the wire back to the batt. Also check in the light bucket.

·
Finally riding again!
14 Posts
I am having a similar problem...my brake light comes on when applied but the taillight and license plate light don't come on...I tested them directly buy running a wire straight to them from the battery to where they connect at the plug and they come on....

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Red wire into the tail light comes directly from the ignition switch. Trace it back with a continuity checker to make sure the wire is not broken.

If your fuse in the junction box marked "tail" is good and the wire (Red/Blue) from that all the way to the ignition switch is fine (also check with a continuity tester), then your issue is with the ignition "puck" under the switch.

rotate and jiggle the key around a bit and see if the tail lights even flicker on.

The "puck" is repairable, but it does have tiny parts in there that like to go flying when you take it apart.

HERE is the link in the Verses section on how to clean the puck.

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Red wire into the tail light comes directly from the ignition switch. Trace it back with a continuity checker to make sure the wire is not broken.

If your fuse in the junction box marked "tail" is good and the wire (Red/Blue) from that all the way to the ignition switch is fine (also check with a continuity tester), then your issue is with the ignition "puck" under the switch.

rotate and jiggle the key around a bit and see if the tail lights even flicker on.

The "puck" is repairable, but it does have tiny parts in there that like to go flying when you take it apart.

HERE is the link in the Verses section on how to clean the puck.
Doing this tonight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts