Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so you know how the tail light is supposed to become brighter when you're breaking... is it supposed to do it with both brakes? Mine only does it when I apply the front brake, not the rear. Old bike, so I dunno...

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Ok, so you know how the tail light is supposed to become brighter when you're breaking... is it supposed to do it with both brakes? Mine only does it when I apply the front brake, not the rear. Old bike, so I dunno...
If the rear brake switch is functioning you may need to adjust the switch upward by screwing counterclockwise. Grab the actuating spring @ the switch and pull down w/key on to test the switch. :beerchug:

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll give that a try...

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Sometimes the rear brake light switch just needs to be cleaned, as road grime can gunk it up and it won't work right. There's an adjusting nut that needs to be turned until the switch operates when the brake pedal is depressed 15mm. Don't turn the switch body, only the adjusting nut. Hold the switch body in place as you turn the nut.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks rubyrick... I haven't checked it yet... exams are ganging up on me, but I'll soon be finished with them. I think I know what switch it is though and I don't think it's in the best condition, but I'll check better later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts