Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am currently in the middle of bobbin a VN750 and changing out a few things. Could anyone please tell me what the ratio is for the Tacho and is it mechanical or electronic. Thought it was initially 2 :1 but been told now it may be 5 : 1 I have done a search on the forums and cant find any straight answer to the question. I am looking to put a mini speedo and tacho on.

Thanks for any info on this.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Hi all, I am currently in the middle of bobbin a VN750 and changing out a few things. Could anyone please tell me what the ratio is for the Tacho and is it mechanical or electronic. Thought it was initially 2 :1 but been told now it may be 5 : 1 I have done a search on the forums and cant find any straight answer to the question. I am looking to put a mini speedo and tacho on.

Thanks for any info on this.
Electronic. It is run off the front ignition coil. Don't know about the ratio.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
All the same.

I'll admit I read the title and I thought "taco ratio"...my answer to the taco ratio question is 7 tacos to every 1 m_angell and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just for advice, our tacho gets pulse from minus side, and almost all tachos work from plus side pulse!!!! If you replace tacho you probably have to take that pulse from pick up coil ( been there and done that), I can help if needed.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
All the same.

I'll admit I read the title and I thought "taco ratio"...my answer to the taco ratio question is 7 tacos to every 1 m_angell and you'll be fine.
Is it taco Tuesday already?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Uh it's Wednesday dude lol. Nope I was just hungry earlier and got excited at the prospect of tacos.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Yea chicken and biscuits today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts