Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
What the PO did on mine, was to take 2 rubber grommets, bout an inch in diameter, 3/4" tall, and aslip them in between the instrument housing and the dash...tiny but of silicone keeps em in place....looked so "proper", thought they were stock at first...

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
Do a search on the subject here. Many times the plastic portion that holds the plastic chrome cup is cracked and can be fixed with proper gluing once taken apart. Also see a write up by KC2DGQ regarding his method to eliminate the vibrations of the tach and speedo. I believe he uses a rubber washer inside where the unit attaches to the bracket or the bracket attaches to the dash housing. I need to do all of the above as my tach is loose and the extra one I have in reserve has the same loose post inside. I will try some JB Weld and fix both once I choose a day or two that I know I will not be riding so as to let the JB Weld set up properly. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Be careful if/when you tighten the tach back down. You will be tempted to crank it down to make sure it gets good and tight so it doesn't shake. DON'T DO THAT! Unless you enjoy drilling out a broken bolt and trying to rig something else to work. :( That breaks surprisingly easily.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What the PO did on mine, was to take 2 rubber grommets, bout an inch in diameter, 3/4" tall, and aslip them in between the instrument housing and the dash...tiny but of silicone keeps em in place....looked so "proper", thought they were stock at first...
Do you have photos of what you did for exact placement of the rubber grommets? I'm having the same issue with my '95 and have found this mod on the forum but haven't found photos. Thanks!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Do you have photos of what you did for exact placement of the rubber grommets? I'm having the same issue with my '95 and have found this mod on the forum but haven't found photos. Thanks!
I own his bike but it's kinda hard to get pics with the fairing in the way

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
The gauges are still kinda shaky though

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts