Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 161 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Question, I'm looking for a flyscreen & happened to notice national cycle lists the 750 vulcan from 86' to 06'. Thats 20 years. Did they goof or what? I'd hate to see shirts made, and a silly mistake show up! Again, proving my ignorance to the history. But if I don't ask I'll never know!

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
700's were in 85 (that tariff thing not allowing anything over 700cc)
750's were from 86-06
So for 700/750 that's 21 years

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
7,034 Posts
I like THIS ONE.
After all, there are more than a couple 700 riders here too. And having the 21 year thing on it goes to show how good the bike must have been to last that long. :rockon:
i'm with you hyper. this is the best looking one yet! also, i too believe we souldn't forget about 700 riders.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I like THIS ONE.
After all, there are more than a couple 700 riders here too. And having the 21 year thing on it goes to show how good the bike must have been to last that long. :rockon:
Looks good to me also.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I like my second version as well. How do we go about getting the majority to vote on all the Ideas? If we set up a poll like whats being done for the erie get-to-gether, can we set all the ideas together so it doesn't string out to a couple hundred postings looking for the ones we're suppost to be voting on?

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I second Hypers choice of shirts.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Soooo...let's do this. This thread has been around since last August, but we don't have shirts yet. We know a bunch of them will sell. Everyone is saying they want some. If we could get long and short sleave versions I'd buy 5 or 6 at least. There have been several good designs suggested recently. Any of them would be good. Someone mentioned posting a poll. How can we get this moved from talk to action?

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm to new with the site figuring everything out (Set up). I suggested the vote. If we could have a more experienced member set it up with links to the nominations. We could maybe have shirts before this august.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I'm just leaving for work. I'll see what I can do for a poll when I get home if there's nothing by then.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
So... Whats up with us getting some shirts together?
Oops, I forgot about the poll thing for them. :BLAM:
Overtime is wearing me out !!

Dianna, can you get an idea on cost's if we get a couple designs made?
I'd be willing to buy a dozen or so, and have them to sell as new members join and maybe use some for give-aways for any contest things we might have, like the 2000th member one.

And what is a minimum order we'd need?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
If we can get some designs (which I had someone working on, but that unfortunately died)...costs are minimal. We'll just sell them through the VN750 store and all materials are paid for out of each purchase. No up front for anybody...if they want to buy a shirt, they get one.

I think I have an idea for a contest now! :D

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
OK....I decided to take this one step further. What we really need is an "Official Logo" for the site. One that can be used not only on t-shirts, but on other forum merchandise, group meet banners, weblinks, etc...

Since we have a ton of members who are creative, we'll let all of you show off designs. Whoever's design gets chosen, gets a free t-shirt and base ball cap with their design on it. (and the chest-puffing pride of knowing that their design is going tobe used on everything!)

Here's the details.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4607

Immediately after the contest is over, the VN750.com store will open with all sortsa stuff available, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, etc. The winning logo will be featured on the goodies!

121 - 140 of 161 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.