·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Sorry, worked at a newspaper for 9 years. CMYK - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Here's another,

Now I gotta get out to the garage and work on the backrest.....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
to make it worth my time i'd only have to do 12 or so. i wouldn't be doing it to make a bunch of money just because i dig the biek and community that goes a long with the vn750.
the Bad Ass Bike design si great but if a black shirt is wante dthen it would be impossible to do it with 4 colors because you can't do a cmyk process on a black t shirt. you have to simulate it which can take about triple the colors sometimes!
i'm thinking something along the line of hyperbuzzin's doing with just two or three colors and a back print with the list or something. i also know some graphic designers who may be able to help[ thro wsomething together. i'll get on it. does anyone have the logo in a high resolution to send to me?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I was off work lastnight, so I figured I'd mess with things and see what I come up with. I'm still trying to figure out what all the buttons do on Microsoft Picture It & Photo Explosion Deluxe !!

I just got the logos I used off of other pics I found with a Y! image search.
Don't think any are hi res. though. :(

Would the year & model # on the sleeve be easy enough for ya to do too ?
And what about various colors of text (close to those of different Vulcan colors) ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
hyperbuzzin said:
I was off work lastnight, so I figured I'd mess with things and see what I come up with. I'm still trying to figure out what all the buttons do on Microsoft Picture It & Photo Explosion Deluxe !!

I just got the logos I used off of other pics I found with a Y! image search.
Don't think any are hi res. though. :(

Would the year & model # on the sleeve be easy enough for ya to do too ?
And what about various colors of text (close to those of different Vulcan colors) ?
i could possibly have low res images cleaned up depending on the image... sometimes it works. year and model on the sleeve could be a pain in the a$$ but i may be able to do it. the pain is when there are about 50 different one sto do and i have to have all those dates/models on a screen and blah blah. i will consider doing that. as far as colors to match bikes, we can do a few different colors of text. the color change will cost me a slight bit but its not too bad. we can do some blue , red, and whatever other text color people want. shouldn't be a problem.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
T-shirt

Good lookin T-shirt, only thing I have to add is I would like to add
a picture of the bike (stock).

:motorcycl

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'll take 3 in black...oh dam there not even designed yet...ok how about this in the top 10
Vulcan means still having cash for gas!!!

TrashLord
Connecticut
93 VN750

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
nachos4life said:
year and model on the sleeve could be a pain in the a$$

Maybe something more general then, that says ....

1986~2006
20 Years and
Going Strong​

Although then, we're leaving out the 700 crowd. :doh:

But Nacho's, you're the one that knows best if it would be better/easier to leave it off all together, and/or keep things a single color.
I'm just tossing out some ideas, but you're making them.

For some reason, the logo (as well as the pic of the bike) that are usually at the head of the page aren't showing up at this end ?
Maybe DMAG has that logo somewhere that he could send ya.

I tried making a pic (out of just basic colors) of the bike. None of them worked too good.
I also looked for the T-shirt I have that has a silkscreened pic of the bike.
I think I left it at work. :BLAM:
It's not a really detailed pic, and I was told it doesn't work too good on lighter colors, but you can tell it's a 750 Vulcan. Seems funny how I can't find that shirt anywhere on the net either ??!!
There's got to be more of them out there somewhere !!
But then again, like any accessories for the Vulcan, they are out there, just few & far between.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Maybe the VN.750 logo in the the back and a small Bike photo on the front or small logo on the front and larger bike pic on the back.Can we use the Kaw logo's without copywrite infringement?

·
Registered
699 Posts
How about the VN750.com logo large on back, and a single color outline of the bike on the pocket in front ( did I mention a pocket T would be great) make them all the same like that for X amount...then offer spot above pocket for individuals name and ride for an additional amount per letter.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
The logo used on Yahoo is cool. The fire and ice 700- 750. Not sure who has the rights for that, Something tells me its Bulldog. A shirt would be good, I like the pocket idea.
I'm sure I would get one.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Only one... I'd be in for at least a couple!!

Adding the spot for user handle name is also a good idea! Will pay extra for that!!

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
I'll be happy to get a couple of shirts with a pocket, a picture or silloutte of
the bike, and the bikes name...such as Kawasaki Vulcan 750, and I
will be a happy rider, nothing special needed.

I think were making it kind of difficult for the professional shirt screener.

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
no one for the "Cruising the smart way" prase on the T?

i don't know how thwe shirt's are made but i would think its pain in the a$$ to make individual ones

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I really like the designs Hyper came up with. Something along those lines woul be great IMHO.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
We can all come up with lots of idea's but I think that showing us all as a group of VN750.COM and a catchy phrase would be good. :smiley_th

Ride one and you'll know
To be one you have to own one
accessories..... Good luck! ;) .......... ect....

Simple and to the point.... Put me in for at least two!!

For those that want to personalize them to there handle ( name ), find a local seamstress that can sew it in for you at a later time! Just a thought.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, I finally found my Vulcan shirt. This is the one I was hoping to find more of at the Parts-a-Rama swap meet/flea market a few months ago.
Do ya think you could make something like this Nacho ?
Actual size is about 8in high x 9in wide

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
hyperbuzzin said:
Well, I finally found my Vulcan shirt. This is the one I was hoping to find more of at the Parts-a-Rama swap meet/flea market a few months ago.
Do ya think you could make something like this Nacho ?
Actual size is about 8in high x 9in wide
yes i could do something like that or better for sure. i'm finishing up a few large orders this week which shoudl free up my time to work on these quite soon!

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Actually, I like Hyper's designs better. You can see them from a distance and they are informative. We can figure out how to get a bike in there. I haven't tried anything yet, but I bet we can get the banner at the top of the page in there somehow. So Nachos, is it cost prohibitive to do the backs as well? That is where we can put the banner and a list of things...

·
FNG_Eric
52 Posts
I'm a graphic designer of sorts, magazine ads, posters etc.

All I need is the lettering and a logo and I can design it with no problems.

e

e

21 - 40 of 161 Posts