Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what do you wear when you ride? A T-shirt, a vest or a jacket? I wear a t-shirt or a button up work shirt 98% of the time. If its cold, I wear a Carhartt coat and insulated bibs. I've been giving thought to a vest, and the one I want is a Lil Joes SOA vest. It used to be just a Lil Joes vest, but they renamed it after the show came out. Ive seen them in person, and they are extremely heavy duty, and a lifetime investment. Heres the website

http://blackmagicapparel.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/Sons-of-anarchy-vest.html

So what do you guys wear the majority of the time?

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
I wear a t-shirt 98% of the time. Would like to get a denim vest and slap don BLS patches on it though.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Assuming the sun is shining on me and it's over 75 degrees just a tee shirt (pants optional). A tad underprotected if a groundhog or Mack truck hits me I know but it's a comfort thing. At night or in cooler temps my leather jacket (pants required). Up in the twisties (much of my riding) the jacket is a must for protection regardless of the temp.

Since my 3rd PlayGirl magazine feature article I've been known to ride shirtless on occasion. :rockon:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
Assuming the sun is shining on me and it's over 75 degrees just a tee shirt (pants optional). A tad underprotected if a groundhog or Mack truck hits me I know but it's a comfort thing. At night or in cooler temps my leather jacket (pants required). Up in the twisties (much of my riding) the jacket is a must for protection regardless of the temp.

Since my 3rd PlayGirl magazine feature article I've been known to ride shirtless on occasion. :rockon:
Lol.pants required

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
That's a pretty tough looking vest, Spots.mine's denim though.my club likes denim

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a pretty tough looking vest, Spots.mine's denim though.my club likes denim
I'm a leather guy, and no club association right now. Its expensive, but good craftsmanship cost money, whether its leather work or blacksmithing. Mind if I ask what club your in?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
I'm a leather guy, and no club association right now. Its expensive, but good craftsmanship cost money, whether its leather work or blacksmithing. Mind if I ask what club your in?
Freebirds MC Central NY.one piece patch.great bunch of guys and gal (secretary/treasurer is a woman) we are only 9 strong right now but have been together since 99.was up to about 2 dozen at one point.some clubs allow leather, we don't.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If it's chilly I just rock a hoodie. Otherwise jeans and a T. Used to wear shorts and a T but one morning I felt like I needed more padding so I wore jeans and a thick hoodie I had... Laid my bike down that day. Had it not been for the extra clothing I would of been real messed up.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,731 Posts
If it's chilly I just rock a hoodie. Otherwise jeans and a T. Used to wear shorts and a T but one morning I felt like I needed more padding so I wore jeans and a thick hoodie I had... Laid my bike down that day. Had it not been for the extra clothing I would of been real messed up.
and this is why I wear a jacket (leather or denim&kevlar) all the time! been down a few times, both have saved my ace! I don't care how hot it is, I'd rather sweat than bleed!

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
Never really understood the reasons to wear a vest, unless its either:

A. Bullet proof
Or
B. Is a "High Vis" color.

I wear either leather jackets or armored Textile jackets every time I ride. Most times I wear armored pants too, along with a full face helmet, leather gloves and leather boots.

Seems there's a lot of riders here that try to get that bad ass SOA look. Back when I was a little kid I tied a towel around my neck so it hung like a cape and I pretended to be Superman. But I grew up. I don't try to dress like TV stars or dress to fit an image. I love my skin and bones and wear stuff to help in their survival if something goes wrong.
My mesh jacket and pants keep me cool enough even in summer and I still cringe when I see a rider in shorts and a t shirt.

So call me paranoid. I don't care....;)

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,193 Posts
and this is why I wear a jacket (leather or denim&kevlar) all the time! been down a few times, both have saved my ace! I don't care how hot it is, I'd rather sweat than bleed!
Was wearing a leather on a 100 degree day once.at a gas stop a guy asked me if I was crazy.I said it's easier to cure heat exhaustion than road rash

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Never really understood the reasons to wear a vest, unless its either:

A. Bullet proof
Or
B. Is a "High Vis" color.

I wear either leather jackets or armored Textile jackets every time I ride. Most times I wear armored pants too, along with a full face helmet, leather gloves and leather boots.

Seems there's a lot of riders here that try to get that bad ass SOA look. Back when I was a little kid I tied a towel around my neck so it hung like a cape and I pretended to be Superman. But I grew up. I don't try to dress like TV stars or dress to fit an image. I love my skin and bones and wear stuff to help in their survival if something goes wrong.
My mesh jacket and pants keep me cool enough even in summer and I still cringe when I see a rider in shorts and a t shirt.

So call me paranoid. I don't care....;)
I don't go for any "look". I wear a vest with a long sleeve shirt 90% of the time because its a fair compromise for me. I still have more protection than a T-shirt but arguably less than a full jacket. Full pants at all times and always boots. Comfort is certainly a factor in rider safety.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
I'm always comfortable when I ride...:)

As always, these "what do your wear" threads boil down to personal choice. Everyone gets to choose what level, if any, protection they want and I don't judge folks by their choices.
I do think wearing a helmet is the absolute minimum. Even back when I only wore jeans and a T shirt I always wore a helmet....and GLOVES. Take a few spills on a ten speed and you quickly learn that when you fall the first thing you do is put your hands out......

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
I bought a medium which is the size I would buy for anything else and it is snug and comfortable with everything zipped. It feels a bit loose with the sleeves off, but not to tgr point that I would want a smaller one. I can also fit a flannel shirt on underneath it. I have had it 2 years now and am very happy with it.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts