Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometime this spring I am getting my old 750 back from my buddy who is quitting riding. (Why he's quitting is a whole nuther issue!) It's a little beat up and and I can't get as much for it as it is worth to me so I am going to keep it in the "stable" and play with it instead. I really want to try and mount a solo seat, and maybe chop the rear fender to give it a bobbed look, and also maybe get some shorter shocks to lower the rear a little. I'm fat enough to lower it some without any help!!

I am not much of a fabricator, so I will have to get some help with this. I do know a really good welder who would help me. From you guys that have done this, what kind of support did you add to support the seat? I assume it has to be mounted to the frame and not the fender. Anyone have a picture of this?

Also, when looking for a solo seat to use, what kind or brand has worked? I have seen a couple of mustang solo seats from Harleys on Craigslist, but they are pricey and I didn't want to jump on one unless I knew it would probably work.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
depending on what Harley they were made for they should work. you should be able to mount the seat with out any welding to the frame. most people bend a piece of 1/16th" strap metal to fit over the frame and under the shock mounts. then on the front of the seat drill four holes to mount a z shaped tab onto to fit into the little box thing where the oem seat attaches too.

I bolted my seat to the rear fender... it is mainly there to keep the seat from sliding side to side as the pan is designed (by me) to fit snugly on the frame, and doesn't really need anything to hold it in place

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I recently ordered and am currently waiting for the MeanStreak 1600 seat to arrive any day now.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no idea what year or models will work. I assume anything I find will require some fabrication to make it work.

I have seen a few seats like that available, but I don't want even the little tiny pillion. I did pass on a real nice Mustang solo from a Valkrie. Dude wanted $300! What did he think it was, a VN750?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts