Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having an issue with my bike occasionally dying for no reason, I have been through the carbs and have them running good, sometimes when it dies I will push the starter and nothing, after shutting the key off it will fire up first crank. Any ideas?

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I'm voting for the key since it will restart after moving the key.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a faulty bullet connector while cleaning my ignition switch, after repairing that and cleaning my switch my bike is running great, I think that bullet connector
was the culprit, although my switch was pretty grimy inside. Thanks for the advice!

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Just fer future refs.....many of us sheitcan the plugs and wire direct and solder the connections....if ya dont know how to solder.....could be a good excuse to learn.... ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just fer future refs.....many of us sheitcan the plugs and wire direct and solder the connections....if ya dont know how to solder.....could be a good excuse to learn.... ;)
Never have been a fan of the bullet connector, I soldered the connection, that sucker won't fail again!

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
That ignition switch just about got me killed on several occasions. Make sure you have the puck tightly sealed. I wrapped it with a zip tie to make sure it wouldn't vibrate apart.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn't know I needed any help, but what do I know!

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
It looks like that's Volts 1st post on this site. Is he offering to help with the bike cutting out or dies he plan to send me money to help me pay the bills????

Volts, be a little more specific please.

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
hi. I will help you.
This is your first post? Which previous post are you replying to? Which member are you going to help? How will you help him/her? Please do an intro on your own thread first and let us know were you are from, etc., etc. Also notice that the original poster was Kat and the follow up post stated the problem was corrected after locating a faulty bullet connection.

Just have to admire the enthusiasm of the newbies. They want to get right into it. Great but.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts