Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dragon Master
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a hard time with removing the swing arm on more than one occasion. I had gotten some tips on here which made the task possible to complete but still the task has always been time consuming, knuckle busting, and to be quite frank very discouraging.

I have just managed to remove the "plugs" (for lack of a better name) within a fem minutes time instead of fighting really hard for each and every millimeter.

I took some pictures to help with a visual aid.

with use of m5 bolts and some washers from auto zone and a slide hammer from Harbor freight I was able to pop those suckers out with out losing more of my sanity.

·
Dragon Master
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used the part that is used to hold the "plug" in place to act as a link between the slide hammer and the " plug'. if even one person seeings this post and it saves them from having to fight like I have in the past then my effort spent posting this was well spent in my opinion.

Attachments

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Why would you want to remove the swing arm? Was it loose or something?
I'm doing a full teardown next year, so it could be something like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did something similar to do this. I used some scrap metal and simply drilled a 5 mm hole in it. Then used a 5mm bolt and nut, screw the bolt in as far as it goes by hand, and then keep tightening the nut until the shaft comes out. You'll only have to pull the last few millimeters out but you can just grab the scrap metal and they come right out.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts