Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWING ARM caps is that what they are called the like caps that cover the swing arm stuff i cant find them any where and i looked down today and one of my caps is missing :(

·
Registered
936 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
SWING ARM caps is that what they are called the like caps that cover the swing arm stuff i cant find them any where and i looked down today and one of my caps is missing :(
Yeah, change of seasons seems to be the most common time to loose swing arm caps.....when replacing, include/add some Silicone.

Ron Ayers sell them (any seller with Part diagrams).

:smiley_th

·
2,505 Posts
My dealer had one for $13.00, you might get one cheaper online if you look around.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Yep, lost one of mine too, on the left side. Must have been these cool nights. Kept saying I needed to put the silicone to them when I got around to it... now I can.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I found that brand new ones do not fit. You can push them in, but they pop right back out. So I carefully sanded them down so they don't pop out, and used some Permatex #2 on them. I doubt it will be possible to get them off without breaking them, but I don't see any reason to ever remove them. I tried the silicone, but is is slippery before it dries, and made the covers pop right off, even after I sanded them down to where they didn't pop off dry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts