Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for one of the chrome caps for the swingarm,
Also I am looking for a set of the chrome muffler/pipe covers<they must be un-dented and no scratches also looking for a pair of air-box covers thank you

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone, I am new to the site and I have a 1990 VN750, and I am told I need the igniter box, my mechanic says thats the only thing he cannot run tests on, you have to put a box on that you know works to determine if yours is faulty. Can someone help?
Thanks glasman

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
Pricey item! Unless you can find someone near your that can swap for testing purposes, you may be out of luck. eBay will sometimes have them if somebody's parting out a bike. I know from Kawasaki they are $300+ . So what's your bike doing? (or not?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for responding to my plea, the bike starts very well hot and cold but when the rpm's get around 3000 to 4200 the motor stumbles and is obviously not firing on the front cylinder only (process of elimation), we have checked coils even switched them, checked the plugs and wires, checked the pick-up coils, the carbs have been overhauled. So the igniter box is the only thing left and there's no testing that, book says to swith it out to see if the problem still exists. Now having said all that in real life do you have any suggestions, I am receptive to all thoughts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts