Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What speed / RPM is your engine's sweet spot? You know, the combination of speed, RPM and gear where everything gets smooth. My 750 smooths out at 72 MPH in 5th gear. Mirrors are clear, very little vibrations in the bars or on the pegs.

What say you?

·
239 Posts
Id say thats about right for me too. Although Im usually doing about 80.
Also I try and keep the RPMS at about 4.5-5000 for quik responce in all gears.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Between 70 and 75 for me.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
For me, it depends on the condition of the road and especially, if I am riding into a strong headwind or have the wind at my back. I would say at the low end around 60 mph and with a smooth road and the wind at may back or no wind at all, about 77 mph.........

Stevie D.
Chicago

·
fuzz
138 Posts
mine is at about 100 mph it smooths right out , i just lean back and ride the rice burner does the rest :rockon:

What speed / RPM is your engine's sweet spot? You know, the combination of speed, RPM and gear where everything gets smooth. My 750 smooths out at 72 MPH in 5th gear. Mirrors are clear, very little vibrations in the bars or on the pegs.

What say you?

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I don't really know if it's the 'Sweet Spot' but I do most of my cruisin' around 60mph. And 70+ on the highways.
If it's vibrating at all, I don't notice it, although now that ya brought it up, I probably will!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts