Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased some SAE 10W40 synthetic oil because I don't know when the last owner changed the oil, and I've driven almost 700 miles since I bought it, and I am about to drive 300 miles home so I wanted to change the oil.

My question is: when I got home with it, I didn't even realize that I had gotten quaker state's "SUV/Truck" specialized oil. I don't see how this could damage my bike since the only additives it describes prevent oil breakdown and seem to make the oil more resilient, which to me seems to be a positive for any vehicle including my bike, but I wanted to make sure. Does anyone here know if this would be at all detrimental if not beneficial to use this oil in my 750??

Thanks, I want to change my oil tomorrow so quick replies are appreciated!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wont hurt a thing,,,,AS LONG AS it's not energy conserving oil that has friction modifiers. There is a circle on the back of the bottle, if it says "Energy Conserving" don't use it, your clutch will most likely slip, if it doesn't say that you'll be ok. Hope that helps

Joboy666 said:
I purchased some SAE 10W40 synthetic oil because I don't know when the last owner changed the oil, and I've driven almost 700 miles since I bought it, and I am about to drive 300 miles home so I wanted to change the oil.

My question is: when I got home with it, I didn't even realize that I had gotten quaker state's "SUV/Truck" specialized oil. I don't see how this could damage my bike since the only additives it describes prevent oil breakdown and seem to make the oil more resilient, which to me seems to be a positive for any vehicle including my bike, but I wanted to make sure. Does anyone here know if this would be at all detrimental if not beneficial to use this oil in my 750??

Thanks, I want to change my oil tomorrow so quick replies are appreciated!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts