Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a local company that has some nifty products.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/men.html

It is a good way to carry cord on the bike with you for long country driving. The best part, if you use it in an emergency, they replace it free! I'm going to buy one for my bike key.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
This is a local company that has some nifty products.

http://www.survivalstraps.com/men.html

It is a good way to carry cord on the bike with you for long country driving. The best part, if you use it in an emergency, they replace it free! I'm going to buy one for my bike key.
I have seen those before and thought they were pretty neat ,thanks for the link.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have been using 550 paracord for years, but have never seen these bracelets before.
Neat Idea. :)

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
I've seen things like this on "u-tube". you can buy 550 cord off of ebay and watch a video or 2 on utube and make your own for way less!

but it's still a cool link. and a good idea.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
My dad has one of these, cool.

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too have been using 550 cord since I was in the Army. But I like the different designs and colors they have. And since they are a local company for me, I of course want to support them. There is no way I would buy it from Wally world though. lol

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
Great marketing.... Just not sure why I'd need to carry what looks like 5-6 feet of para cord for. Survival ???seriously??
your right. 5-6' of 550 cord is not much. although, if you "know" how to "use" 550 cord, 5-6' can turn into much more than 5-6' of cord!

that is why I'd buy (or make my own) 550 cord belt! which would have anywhere from 80-100' of 550 cord!

but in any "survival" situation, anything is better than nothing.

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
your right. 5-6' of 550 cord is not much. although, if you "know" how to "use" 550 cord, 5-6' can turn into much more than 5-6' of cord!

that is why I'd buy (or make my own) 550 cord belt! which would have anywhere from 80-100' of 550 cord!

but in any "survival" situation, anything is better than nothing.
That's why I always carry a knife, a cell phone, credit cards, a leatherman tool, a cigar lighter, cigar, tiny LED flashlight, and on many occasions, my .45 with 2 extra clips.

If I can't "survive" with those a bit of cord won't help ...;)

But I guess I could always use it to take out that sentry .....silently....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMQR8RVe4KM

;)

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
That's why I always carry a knife, a cell phone, credit cards, a leatherman tool, a cigar lighter, cigar, tiny LED flashlight, and on many occasions, my .45 with 2 extra clips.

If I can't "survive" with those a bit of cord won't help ...;)

But I guess I could always use it to take out that sentry .....silently....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMQR8RVe4KM

;)
yes, how could anyone "survive" without their "cigar"?! lol :doh:

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
yes, how could anyone "survive" without their "cigar"?! lol :doh:
Exactly....one doesn't want to be "barely surviving"....

Remember that scene in the movie M.A.S.H. Where Eliot Gould says "It's just not a martini if it doesn't have an olive in it...." , as he pulls a jar of olives out of his jacket ? Kinda the same thing for me... If it's the freaking appocolypse I'll want a good cigar to at least make it bearable.....

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Read the site. A 7 inch bracelet has 14 feet of cord. And the cigar is for lighting the stick of dynamite. Ever watched a Clint Eastwood western movie, you would have known that:itchy-scr

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
I looked at several pages on the site and never found how many feet of cord there was... They seemed more interested in saying how great they were instead.... So I just guessed.

Not sure from what I did read at their site if their intrest is in selling these things or making some kind of political statement. Are they using the profit they make to contribute to some kind of US soilder support fund?

·
Just a regular guy
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, they contribute to The Wounded Warrior Project.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I looked at several pages on the site and never found how many feet of cord there was... They seemed more interested in saying how great they were instead.... So I just guessed.

Not sure from what I did read at their site if their intrest is in selling these things or making some kind of political statement. Are they using the profit they make to contribute to some kind of US soilder support fund?
Took a minute or two to find it, but when I clicked on the first bracelet I got this page:
http://www.survivalstraps.com/men/original-survival-straps/regular-survival-bracelet.html

Quote from 2nd paragraph:

The Regular Survival BraceletsTM have the following features:

*Lots of Paracord - Our Regular Survival Bracelets are made with up to 16 feet of military spec paracord. We build each one with approximately 1.75 feet per every inch of wrist size. A size 7.5 will give you approximately 14 feet of paracord when unraveled. Plenty to help get you out of a jam.
:smiley_th

1 - 15 of 15 Posts