Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, being a new rider, and being safety-conscious, my goal has been from the beginning to always wear my leather jacket. I bought a vest for when I get patches (Legion Riders, PGR, etc...), and my plan was to wear the vest over the jacket when needed. Well, naturally, it's pretty daggone hot outside right now. So my question is, what do you guys recommend for some kind of lighter jacket to wear that's not so hot, but still gives me some arm/elbow protection, and looks "right" wearing it under a vest?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a mesh jacket. Discussion and suggestions here:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28130
KM
Yeah I saw that thread on the mesh jackets, but I guess what I'm really wanting to know is if anyone has any experience putting a vest OVER a mesh jacket (or any light/summer jacket). Trying to find the coolest (temperature cool... not "cool" cool... cool?) combination to have protection and a vest with patches, but without looking dorky.

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
Yeah I saw that thread on the mesh jackets, but I guess what I'm really wanting to know is if anyone has any experience putting a vest OVER a mesh jacket (or any light/summer jacket). Trying to find the coolest (temperature cool... not "cool" cool... cool?) combination to have protection and a vest with patches, but without looking dorky.
Well, I think that's going to happen anytime you wear a vest OVER a jacket.;)

Am guessing its a black leather vest? So guess that's your call on what would look good. I'd say a black mesh jacket would the least goofy looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts