Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: i have yet to do any investigation as it happened on the way to work, and i had to just park and walk home to grab the car.

But this morning, she fired up fine and i drove about 5 blocks and then a truck was turning around in the street and traffic was all blocked up: I stopped and waited for about 30 seconds, then decided it was going to take too long, and started to turn around to take another street: it felt almost like i was in too high a gear as i turned- sort of bogging down. by the time id completed the turn, the bike had stalled.

I had been in 1st gear. I restarted- it idled but any gas and it stalled. i did it several times, switched to the reserve tank - but pretty soon it would not start at all ( i have half a tank of gas)

I am figuring something got stuck in the fuel line or something, but wondered if there is something else that you guys might know of that could cause this.

·
Registered
721 Posts
mine did that today.. same thing..

·
Registered
140 Posts
all of this is true. meanwhile there are simple things that causes the problems sometimes, while i was working main. for a school district, i had a bus stall out on a trip. retreived the bus , trried to replicate the problem, driving etc, changed fuel filter checked drive test, no problem. sent it out on long trip stalled, problem, blocked fuel tank vent, only showed up on constant drving 20 miles or more.. check your fuel vent.:carryflag ride safe

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Short cuts are a slippery slope. Trying this and that often gets many uneeded aprts and lost time.

Using a consistant preceedure for diagnosis saves time and money. Also, with a firm grasp on the fundimentals you can walk up to ANY gasoline 4 stroke engine and figure out whats wrong.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah well: looks like the 81 440 ltd is going to get a work out until i figure out whats up. its usually the problem bike, not the vulcan- a year and a half and not a single issue with the vulcan until today: I just got a filter and was going to do the oil this weekend.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update

Got home, walked down to her 0- she started right up and i rode home. no problem.

SO its one of those pesky type of problems. i still suspect fuel due to the nature of the shut down- so may be time to change some lines and filters and drain the tank -

1 - 7 of 7 Posts