Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I posted I got ran over last month. And have just repaired, repainted and assembled my ride. Battery sat for a month but started just fine. I warmed it up, rode it to the back and shut it down. 10 minutes later I tried to restart, nothing, no; lights, clicking, horn, etc. I checked fuses, connections both sides. Put a meter on the battery, .24 volts. Thought my meter was bad, so I checked my truck. 12.9V. How can a battery go from perfect to nothing in 10 minutes? No smoke, shorting anything. Never seen this before. Usally the go bad slowly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,730 Posts
They can do that, probably broke a plate connector inside, if it's actually gone. How old is the battery?

Did it take a lot of cranking to get it started? That can overheat the lead plate connectors and melt them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,353 Posts
Is it the same battery that was installed at the time of the accident?

if so, I am not surprised that it suddenly went from charged to dead.
Internally, something must have been jolted and cracked....and heat expansion broke the connection.....it happens.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top