Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my futile effort to find a Mustang seat, new, used, abused, I didn't care, it wouldn't matter once my backside was onboard. I even ordered the not-so-Mustang as it turned out, seat from the UK (which I subsequently cancelled and I'm bloody glad I did). I went on a mission - to get a replacement seat.
After searching Craigslists across the country for any Vulcan 750 for sale with a Mustang seat and responding to each asking if they'd part out the seat; all with no success I might add, I got lucky. No it's not a Mustang, I've concluded that I will go to my grave never having owned one. I did find a brand new, still "on" the box, Corbin two-tone seat in California. Contacted the seller and made arrangements for the purchase and it is on it's way. I'll sit by the window waiting for the big brown truck! Here's a pic, it will look great on my '93 Vulcan and my backside finally can crack a smile (pun intended).

Attachments

Reactions: 750Doug

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,751 Posts
way to go! good for you! you'll have to let us know how you like it.

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I can't decide whether to congratulate you or spam you. Does he have two???

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hey Cliff --

Send photos of the seat on the bike and let us know how you like it!

Nice going, Sir!

·
Registered
668 Posts
oulala man that looks pretty sweet!
can you have the brown truck deliver it to my house ;) LOL

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
that does look pretty cozy, kinda like a built in backrest!

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid $150.00. When he bought the bike it came with this seat still in the box, the new owner liked the looks of the original seat better and decided to part ways with this one. I happened to hit craigslist the day of the posting. I've been shopping craigslist for several weeks asking owner who were selling their bikes with Mustangs to sell me the Mustang, I even offered to send one of my 2 OEM Projects seats for free in return so they'd have a seat on the bike when they sold it. I had no takers.

·
Registered
950 Posts
When he bought the bike it came with this seat still in the box, the new owner liked the looks of the original seat better and decided to part ways with this one.
did the owner ever ride it with the OEM seat?
Man the day I got my bike and rode it home, I was regretting it. Just because of the seat. One of the main reasons I fell in love with this bike at a dealer was because of the seat. Turns out that particular bike had a Mustang, I just didn't know it. I thought it was stock, until about a month ago when I was looking through pics I had taken of that bike at the dealer. Unfortuantly I didn't buy that bike.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
When I talked with him last evening he didn't indicate that he had done much riding with the OEM seat. He just didn't like the looks of this one and opted to keep the OEM.

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Had my first ride yesterday on the new Corbin. I was pleasantly surprised on how comfortable it was for having a hard feel to it. It's not a mustang, but nice nonetheless. You sit a little lower in the saddle but with the higher back coupled with my Pro-Tac backrest made me feel like I was home. Put the saddlebags back on this morning and getting ready to head to Lancaster, PA and ride amongst the Amish, it's courting day and the carts and horses will be littering up the highway. Helps fine-tune your weaving skills (if you know what I mean); beats setting up cones in the parking lot.

Here's what she looks like with the new seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
looks good!!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Had my first ride yesterday on the new Corbin. I was pleasantly surprised on how comfortable it was for having a hard feel to it. It's not a mustang, but nice nonetheless. You sit a little lower in the saddle but with the higher back coupled with my Pro-Tac backrest made me feel like I was home. Put the saddlebags back on this morning and getting ready to head to Lancaster, PA and ride amongst the Amish, it's courting day and the carts and horses will be littering up the highway. Helps fine-tune your weaving skills (if you know what I mean); beats setting up cones in the parking lot.

Here's what she looks like with the new seat.
Way to go, Cliff!

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I had a Corbin on my 750 and it was the best mod I did.
You can also get a backrest that fits right on the seat. Looks good with one.
I built one for mine. was not to hard I fell into the parts so it was cheep.

Reactions: FlaRider

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
Cliff - what can I say... it's a beautiful sight!

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all, did another 120 miles today on it to Lancaster, drove around 21 Amish open carts with the young couples courting. It's really cute to see them. Anyway, the seat was great, loving it more each day and it looks really nice!

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
hey cliff, looks great and what a nice place to rest your butt. way to go man :rockon:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Now that you have a happy tush, do you have any stock seats you want to unload? I'm happy with the comfort of stock, but want to try lowering one a bit.

BTW, there's a Memphis, TN craiglist listing for a VN750 mustang touring seat for $300 but he only wants to deal locally.
Also a VN750 mustang seat on craiglist in New York for $275 + shipping. [email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts